simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980s#:~:text=The "eighties" are also well known for their,during these years, and video games became popular.
- The "eighties" are also well known for their extreme fashions, such as "big hair", New Wave, punk rock, funk, or preppies. Rap music first started to get big in the 80s, and often went with breakdancing in what is now called the "old school" days. Many developments were also made in computer technology during these years, and video games became popular.
People also ask
What was the 1980s?
What was pop culture like in the 1980s?
Was the 1980s a time of blockbuster movies?
Why was the 1980s the best decade ever?
Jan 17, 2019 · The 1980s were a time of great pop culture including some of the best movies, music, TV shows, and toys of all time. It is the decade most often associated with nostalgia and the style, and memories of the decade, continue to live on. You can listen to the podcast version or read on….
Dec 29, 2015 · The 1980s was certainly a time of blockbuster movies, over the top rock music, and ridiculousness. It sure seemed like a fun time to grow up. Though I wish I had thought of 80 reasons why the 1980s was the best decade ever, here are 58! 1. Ridiculous hair styles. 2. Regan . 3. The Washington Redskins won two Super Bowls. 4.Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. 5.
In 1980, the U.S. hockey team shocked the Soviets at the Olympics. In 1980, John Lennon was assassinated in New York City. In 1981, Microsoft was asked to create an operating system for IBM computers. The Chernobyl nuclear plant explosion in the Soviet Union that resulted in deaths of an estimated 7,000 in 1986.
Michael J. Fox says Donald Trump has played on 'every worst instinct in mankind': 'Biff is president!'
Keaton, his Republican alter ego from the popular 1980s sitcom Family Ties, would today be a President Donald Trump supporter, recently insisting... to the Future Part II ...
Yahoo Celebrity via AOL
2 days ago
- Accused Kenosha killer Kyle Rittenhouse smiles in photo with ‘Silver Spoons’ star who helped bail him outNY Daily News via AOL3 days ago
- 'Scuba diver meets astronaut': What to know about the snorkel-inspired Narwall MaskYahoo Life4 days ago
- Nigel Lythgoe looks back on disastrous disco movie 'The Apple': 'A very, very strange atmosphere throughout'Yahoo Music via AOL3 days ago
- Wonder Woman 1984: HBO Max release date, trailers, runtime, and moreTotal Film Magazine via Yahoo News5 days ago
- Princess Diana's Surprise Dance Performance to "Uptown Girl" Left the Audience SpeechlessHarper's Bazaar via Yahoo News20 hours ago
- 1980. The first year of the decade was memorable for political drama, cable TV, and games we couldn't keep our hands off of. Arcades were jammed with people playing a new video game called Pac-Man.
- 1981. By 1981, homes and offices were beginning to adapt to new technologies. If you had cable TV you probably were watching MTV after it began broadcasting in August.
- 1982. The big news in 1982 literally was the news when USA Today, with its colorful graphics and short articles, made headlines as the first nationwide newspaper.
- 1983. The year that saw the birth of the Internet also saw volcanic eruptions and aircraft tragedies; the first woman in space and that holiday season craze of the Cabbage Patch Kids.
The 1980s (pronounced "nineteen-eighties", shortened to "the '80s ") was a decade of the Gregorian calendar that began on January 1, 1980, and ended on December 31, 1989. The decade saw major socioeconomic change due to advances in technology and a worldwide move away from planned economies and towards laissez-faire capitalism.
Jul 13, 2017 · Today's youth will never know things from the 80s like the slap bracelet, the valuable life lessons learned from after-school specials, or what it meant to be kind and rewind
Jul 18, 2018 · July 18, 2018. Decade nostalgia usually happens on a strict time table. We got all wistful for the 1950s during the 1970s (with American Graffiti, Happy Days, and Grease ). We fell in love with the '60s again during the '80s ( The Big Chill, The Wonder Years, Dirty Dancing ), and the 1970s were back in style in the 1990s ( Dazed and Confused, That '70s Show, Boogie Nights ).
- In-Depth 1980s Fashion Profiles. 1980s Fashion: Women & Girls » Women's fashion in the 1980s was a period of incredible creativity, though some could argue that it got out of hand.
- Fashion in 1980. Women’s clothing in 1980 ran the gamut from conservative to opulent fantasy. Many designers reached back in history for inspiration. The looked to the Middle Ages, the Renaissance, the Victorian era and even the Peruvian Indians for something “new.”
- Fashion in 1981. The rule in 1981 was a lack of rules. Hemline length was now completely up to the wearer’s preferences. Some women wanted short, some wanted long, but most ended up somewhere in the middle.
- Fashion in 1982. Fashion, traditionally the province of rich and leisured women, subtly changed its focus in 1982. The most successful styles were moderately subdued, in durable fabrics that required little upkeep and in quiet, basic colors.