- Kali Coleman
- Elf, directed by Jon Favreau. These days, Jon Favreau is most famous for his role as Happy Hogan in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But what you might not know is that he's also directed some recent classics, including Marvel's own Iron Man and the live-action adaptations of The Jungle Book and The Lion King.
- A League of Their Own, directed by Penny Marshall. Penny Marshall is, of course, famous for her role as Laverne DeFazio on the '70s sitcom Laverne & Shirley.
- Pitch Perfect 2, directed by Elizabeth Banks. After starring in the first Pitch Perfect movie in 2012 as an a cappella competition judge, Elizabeth Banks went on to make her directorial debut with the franchise's second film, Pitch Perfect 2, which was released in 2015.
- Hope Floats, directed by Forest Whitaker. Forest Whitaker is a force on the screen, starring in critically-acclaimed films like The Butler and The Last King of Scotland.
Director | Half Nelson Ryan K. Fleck is an American film director, cinematographer, editor, and screenwriter best known for directing and writing the 2006 film Half Nelson and the 2008 film Sugar. He is known for his collaborations with fellow filmmaker Anna Boden. Ryan was born in Berkeley, California and raised in ...
Superman (stylized as Superman: The Movie) is a 1978 superhero film directed by Richard Donner, supervised by Alexander and Ilya Salkind and produced by their partner Pierre Spengler, and written by Mario Puzo, David Newman, Leslie Newman, and Robert Benton from a story by Puzo based on the DC Comics character of the same name.
Oct 19, 2007 · Directed by Sean Penn. With Emile Hirsch, Vince Vaughn, Catherine Keener, Marcia Gay Harden. After graduating from Emory University, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandons his possessions, gives his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhikes to Alaska to live in the wilderness.
- Sean Penn
May 10, 2013 · Directed by Baz Luhrmann. With Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, Joel Edgerton, Tobey Maguire. A writer and wall street trader, Nick, finds himself drawn to the past and lifestyle of his millionaire neighbor, Jay Gatsby.
Jan 22, 2021 · Cut Throat City—a film about a heist that takes place in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina—was directed by RZA, who hails from the Wu-Tang Clan and has directed two other movies: The Man ...
The Giver is a 2014 American social science fiction film directed by Phillip Noyce and starring Jeff Bridges, Brenton Thwaites, Odeya Rush, Meryl Streep, Alexander Skarsgård, Katie Holmes, Cameron Monaghan, Taylor Swift, and Emma Tremblay. The film is based on the 1993 young adult novel of the same name by Lois Lowry.
- Gregory Lawrence
- Good Night, and Good Luck. The only film of Clooney's directorial career thus far that's been nominated for an Oscar for Best Picture, and for good reason.
- The Ides of March. Released during the relatively optimistic period of Barack Obama's first term, a fact you can feel in the film's aping of Shepard Fairey's iconic piece of agitprop, The Ides of March has only sharpened in potency, in power, in disquieting relevance to our contemporary political landscape (watching this film during, say, a fraught presidential election is maybe not so recommended).
- Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Clooney's directorial debut, is a monster flex, an oddly experimental work, an audacious yielding of "style," and maybe most importantly, a clear indication of the topics and themes Clooney is interested in exploring as a filmmaker.
- Suburbicon. When it was first released in 2017, Suburbicon was lambasted. Folks dinged it for its clumsy stitching of two disparate stories, its obvious aping of the Coen Brothers (to be fair, it is partially a Coen Brothers script), and its mismarketing of what it actually is.
- related to: Who directed the movie The movie?