- Tokyo Story (東京物語, Tōkyō Monogatari) is a 1953 Japanese drama film directed by Yasujirō Ozu and starring Chishū Ryū and Chieko Higashiyama. It tells the story of an aging couple who travel to Tokyo to visit their grown children.
People also ask
Who are the most famous Japanese film directors?
Which is the best movie of Tokyo Story?
Where was the movie Tokyo filmed in Japan?
Who are the actors in the movie Tokyo?
Movie Info. Three distinct tales unfold in the bustling city of Tokyo. Merde (Denis Lavant), a bizarre sewer-dweller, emerges from a manhole and begins terrorizing pedestrians. After his arrest ...
Tokyo! is a 2008 anthology film containing three segments written by three non-Japanese directors, all of which were filmed in Tokyo, Japan. Michel Gondry directed "Interior Design", Leos Carax directed "Merde", and Bong Joon-ho directed "Shaking Tokyo".
Justin Lin, Producer: Furious 6. Justin Lin is a Taiwanese-American film director whose films have grossed $2 billion worldwide. He is best known for his work on Better Luck Tomorrow, The Fast and the Furious 3-6 and Star Trek Beyond. He is also known for his work on television shows like Community and the second season of True Detective. Lin was born in Taipei, Taiwan, and grew ...
- Producer, Director, Writer
- October 11, 1971
Tokyo Story Original Japanese theatrical release poster, 1953 Directed byYasujirō Ozu Produced byTakeshi Yamamoto Screenplay byKōgo Noda Yasujirō Ozu Starring Setsuko Hara Chishū Ryū Chieko Higashiyama Kyōko Kagawa Haruko Sugimura So Yamamura Kuniko Miyake Shirō Ōsaka Eijirō Tōno Nobuo Nakamura Hisao Toake Mutsuko Sakura Toyo Takahashi Sachiko Mitani Music byTakanobu Saitō CinematographyYūharu Atsuta Edited byYoshiyasu Hamamura Production company Shochiku Distributed byShochiku ...
- Takanobu Saitō
- November 3, 1953
- Takeshi Yamamoto
- Patrick Ball
- Yasujiro Ozu. Ozu is best known for Tokyo Story, a poignant film about inter-generational tensions and alienation that is widely considered a masterpiece.
- Kenji Mizoguchi. When Mizoguchi was a child at the beginning of the twentieth century, his 14-year-old sister was put up for adoption and eventually forced to become a geisha.
- Akira Kurosawa. Kurosawa is the director most responsible for bringing Japanese cinema to a Western audience, starting with his breakthrough picture Rashomon in 1950.
- Kaneto Shindo. In the 1930s and early 1940s, Shindo working at Tokyo’s Nikkatsu Studios with Kenji Mizugochi. Drafted into the Imperial Japanese Navy in 1944, he was one of only six men in his 100-strong unit to survive.
Nov 09, 2003 · Now it is the turn of the children to make a journey. From these few elements Yasujiro Ozu made one of the greatest films of all time. "Tokyo Story" (1953) lacks sentimental triggers and contrived emotion; it looks away from moments a lesser movie would have exploited. It doesn't want to force our emotions, but to share its understanding.
Kiyoshi Kurosawa (黒沢 清, Kurosawa Kiyoshi, born July 19, 1955) is a Japanese film director, screenwriter, film critic and a professor at Tokyo University of the Arts. Although he has worked in a variety of genres, Kurosawa is best known for his many contributions to the Japanese horror genre.
Akira (Japanese: アキラ) is a 1988 Japanese animated post-apocalyptic cyberpunk action film directed by Katsuhiro Otomo, produced by Ryōhei Suzuki and Shunzō Katō, and written by Otomo and Izo Hashimoto, based on Otomo's 1982 manga of the same name.
- related to: Who is the director of the movie Tokyo?