- 1. in accordance with the rules or standards; legitimate: "the group has achieved fair and equal representation for all its members"
- 2. (of hair or complexion) light; blond: "a pretty girl with long fair hair"
- 1. without cheating or trying to achieve unjust advantage: "no one could say he played fair"
- 2. to a high degree: dialect "she'll be fair delighted to see you"
- 1. a beautiful woman: archaic "pursuing his fair in a solitary street"
- 1. (of the weather) become fine: dialect "looks like it's fairing off some"