From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Glam rock is a style of rock music that developed in the United Kingdom in the early 1970s performed by musicians who wore outrageous costumes, makeup, and hairstyles, particularly platform shoes and glitter.
Glam rock can be seen as a fashion as well as musical...
Glam rock emerged from the English psychedelic and art rock...
While glam rock was exclusively a British cultural...
Glam rock is a style of rock music that developed in the United Kingdom in the early 1970s performed by musicians who wore outrageous costumes, makeup, and hairstyles, particularly platform shoes and glitter.
People also ask
What are some glam rock bands?
Where was glam rock music created?
What are glam rock groups?
Glam rock From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Glam rock is a genre of rock music that was popular in the early 1970s. It was made famous by acts such as David Bowie, Elton John, T. Rex, Alice Cooper, Slade, Gary Glitter, Queen and Sweet.
- Backbeat, Distortion, Rock band, Electric guitar, Electric bass, Rhythm section, Drum kit
- Origins of rock and roll, Electronics in rock music, Social effects, Rock Against Communism, Rock Against Racism, Rock Against Sexism, Rock music and the fall of communism, Rockism and poptimism, Women in rock
- 1950s, Instrumental rock, Latin rock, Pop rock, Rock and roll, British, Rockabilly, 1960s, Acid rock, Anatolian rock, Art rock, Baroque rock, Beat music, Blues rock, Boogie rock, Christian rock, Comedy rock, Country rock, Electronic rock, Experimental rock, Folk rock, Flamenco rock, Garage rock, Hard rock, Heavy metal, Jam, Jazz rock, Krautrock, Power pop, Progressive rock, Psychedelic rock, Raga rock, Roots rock, Samba rock, Southern rock, Space rock, Surf music, 1970s, Arena rock, Cock rock, Dance-rock, Funk rock, Glam rock, Gothic rock, Heartland rock, Ostrock, Post-progressive, Pub rock (United Kingdom), Pub rock (Australia), Punk rock, Soft rock, Visual kei, Yacht rock, 1980s, Alternative rock, Rap rock, Trop rock, 1990s, Stoner rock, Sufi rock, Viking rock
- Active rock, Adult album alternative, Album-oriented rock, Classic rock, Mainstream rock, Modern rock, Progressive rock (radio format)
- Characteristics, fashion, and terminology
Glam metal, also known as hair metal or pop metal, is a subgenre of heavy metal, which features pop-influenced hooks and guitar riffs, and borrows heavily from the fashion and image of 1970s glam rock. Early glam metal evolved directly from the glam rock movement of the 1970s, as visual elements taken from acts such as T. Rex, the New York Dolls, and David Bowie were fused with the decidedly more heavy metal leaning and theatrical acts such as Alice Cooper and Kiss. The first examples of this fu
Musically, glam metal combines a traditional heavy metal sound with elements of hard rock and punk rock, adding pop-influenced catchy hooks and guitar riffs. Like other heavy metal songs of the 1980s, they often feature shred guitar solos. They also include extensive use of harmonies, particularly in the characteristic power ballads – slow, emotional songs that gradually build to a strong finale. These were among the most commercially successful singles in the genre and opened it up to a ...
Music journalist Stephen Davis claims the influences of the style can be traced back to acts like Kiss, Boston, Cheap Trick, and the New York Dolls. Kiss and to a lesser extent Alice Cooper, were major influences on the genre. Finnish band Hanoi Rocks, heavily influenced themselv
In the early 1980s, bands from across the United States began to move towards what would become the glam metal sound. In 1981, Mötley Crüe released their first album Too Fast for Love, Dokken released their first album, Breaking the Chains, and Kix released their first ...
The 1988 film The Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years captured the Los Angeles scene of successful and aspiring bands. It also highlighted the excesses of glam metal, particularly the scene in which W.A.S.P. guitarist Chris Holmes was interviewed while drinki
Glam rock on rockmusiikin tyylisuunta, joka nousi suosioon 1970-luvun alussa. Glam rockin tunnistettavimmat piirteet liittyvät musiikin esittäjien ulkonäköön. Esiintyjät suosivat huomiota herättävää ja usein androgyynistä pukeutumista. Glam rockin olemukseen kuuluvat myös melodramaattisuus, ironia ja identiteeteillä leikittely.
Glam rock (známy tiež aj ako glitter rock) je štýl rockovej a popovej hudby, ktorý sa v Spojenom kráľovstve vyvinul na začiatku 70. rokov 20. storočia.
Their earlier success came in a pop and then glam rock style, while later hits were influenced by 1950s rock and roll, and are best remembered for their hit singles " Tiger Feet ", which was the UK's best-selling single of 1974, and " Lonely This Christmas " which reached Christmas number 1 in December 1974.
Glam rock (abreviação de glamour rock) é um gênero musical (subgênero do rock) criado na Inglaterra, conhecido também como glitter rock. Foi um estilo de música nascido no final dos anos 60 e popularizado no início dos anos 70. Era principalmente um fenômeno inglês que foi difundido em meados de 1971 e 1973.
Fenomen glam rocka je bio najviše izražen u Engleskoj između 1971. i 1973. Proslavili su ga glazbenici poput Marca Bolana, Davida Bowiea, Eltona Johna, Garya Glittera, sastavi Queen, Slade, Sweet, T. Rexa, Mud, Roxy Music i Mott The Hoople. Primjer kasnijeg glam rocka je sastav Kiss.