- The University of California, Los Angeles, or UCLA, is a university in Los Angeles, California. It was started in 1919. It was started in 1919. It is often listed among America's best universities.
People also ask
What is the history of the University of California?
Where is the University of California Los Angeles?
How many faculty members are there in California University?
Is the University of California the same as UCLA?
In 1927, the Regents renamed the Southern Branch the University of California at Los Angeles (the word "at" was officially replaced by a comma in 1958, in line with other UC campuses). In the same year, the state broke ground in Westwood on land sold for $1 million, less than one-third its value, by real estate developers Edwin and Harold Janss , for whom the Janss Steps are named. 
The official history of the University of California, Los Angeles starts in 1919 when Governor William D. Stephens signed Assembly Bill 626 into law, which turned the facilities of the Los Angeles State Normal School into the Southern Branch of the University of California. After moving to its new campus in Westwood in 1927 it was renamed UCLA and has since expanded to become a leading world university.
The University of California, Los Angeles, or UCLA, is a university in Los Angeles, California. It was started in 1919. It is often listed among America's best universities. Janss Steps, UCLA, Los Angeles.
Wikimedia Commons has media related to University of California, Los Angeles. University of California, Los Angeles − UCLA — located in the Westwood neighborhood of Los Angeles, California . The main article for this category is University of California, Los Angeles .
- Harbor–UCLA Medical Center, Olive View–UCLA Medical Center, UCLA Lab School
- Daily Bruin, JazzReggae Festival, Spring Sing, Westwood
- California NanoSystems Institute, Center for Embedded Network Sensing, Center for the Study of Women, Chicano Studies Research Center, Film and Television Archive, Hammer Museum, Library, Phonological Segment Inventory Database, Language Materials Project, Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica
- History, 2006 Taser incident, 2016 shooting, People, UCLA Blue
In 1919, Los Angeles State Normal School became the southern branch of the University, which ultimately became University of California, Los Angeles. By 1920s, the number of campus buildings had grown substantially, and included twenty structures designed by architect John Galen Howard .
- Mechanical Aeronautical & Manufacturing
- Business & Management Studies
- Communication & Media Studies
- Berkeley Blue, California Gold
University High School Charter, commonly known as "Uni", is a public secondary school, built 1923-1924, and founded 1924, located in West Los Angeles, a district in Los Angeles, California, near the border with Santa Monica. University High is part of the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD). The campus also holds Indian Springs ...
- Claudia Middleton
UCLA is the first university to win 100 NCAA team championships. Prof. Terence Tao of the UCLA College wins the Fields Medal, math’s highest honor. FDA approves the first genetically-targeted breast cancer treatment: Herceptin, developed by UCLA’s Dr. Dennis Slamon.
National University (NU) is a private university with its headquarters in La Jolla, California.Founded in 1971, National University offers academic degree programs at campuses located throughout the state of California, one campus in Nevada, and online.