- If I am correct doxycycline is an antibioctic(sp). If it is it can cause dis-comfort in your stomach if you do not take it with food etc. Call your doctor or pharmacy and they will give you all the info you need.
People also ask
What are the most common side effects of doxycycline?
Does doxycycline cause body aches?
Why does doxycycline cause nausea?
Can doxycycline cause muscle aches?
- For The Consumer
- For Healthcare Professionals
- Further Information
Applies to doxycycline: oral capsule, oral capsule extended release, oral powder for suspension, oral syrup, oral tablet, oral tablet delayed releaseAlong with its needed effects, doxycycline may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking doxycycline:
Applies to doxycycline: injectable powder for injection, oral capsule, oral delayed release capsule, oral delayed release tablet, oral kit, oral powder for reconstitution, oral syrup, oral tablet, oral and topical kit
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
severe stomach pain severe sunburn tooth discoloration unusual bleeding or bruising vomiting blood Other side effects not listed may also occur in some patients. If you notice any other effects, check with your healthcare professional. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
- How it works. Doxycycline is an antibiotic used to treat a wide range of infections caused by susceptible gram negative, gram positive, anaerobic, and other bacteria.
- Upsides. Active against a wide range of bacteria including some gram negative and positive bacteria, anaerobes, and some parasites (such as Balantidium coli and Entamoeba species).
- Downsides. If you are between the ages of 18 and 60, take no other medication or have no other medical conditions, side effects you are more likely to experience include
- Bottom Line. Doxycycline is an effective antibiotic that treats a wide range of infections. However, it is not usually recommended for children aged less than eight nor in pregnant women in the last half of pregnancy.
Doxycycline: Doxycycline can upset the stomach. Iron would be my second consideration. Check with a doctor who can change your antibiotic to another type after k...
Aug 16, 2019 · Doctors will recommend taking doxycycline with a full glass of water to prevent it from irritating the esophagus, which is the tube that connects the stomach and the mouth. If someone has...
Jul 27, 2017 · Doxycycline, an antibiotic commonly prescribed for acne and other conditions, can result in side effects similar to most other antibiotics, including nausea, upset stomach, and yeast infections 1.
- Doxycycline. Doxycycline is an old antibiotic used for numerous conditions including rosacea, acne, and Lyme disease. Doxycycline directly irritates the esophagus, often causing pain within hours of taking it.
- Tetracycline. Tetracycline is in the same drug class as doxycycline, and it is another antibiotic that is well-known to directly irritate the esophagus and potentially cause ulcers.
- Clindamycin. Clindamycin is another antibiotic that can cause a directly irritating effect on the esophagus. It’s often used to treat Staph skin infections and tooth infections.
- Aspirin. Many people take daily aspirin for stroke and heart disease prevention, but it causes esophagitis by disrupting how prostaglandins protect the esophagus.
I know doxycycline can make your skin sensitive to light, so might that be a skin reaction caused by it? Read More I seemed to tolerate it well the first week but am now having nausea and vomiting when taking it on an empty stomach as prescribed and am experiencing body aches, especially back pain .
I'm wondering when my stomach/GI system settles down, if I should start taking the Doxy again. I've heard that it can "wreck" your stomach and my digestive system has always been a weak point where stress is concerned, though it's been mostly good the past 10-15 years (excluding the recent gallbladder removal).
ebay.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month