- The library system of the University of California, Los Angeles, is one of the largest academic research libraries in North America, with a collection of over nine million books and 70,000 serials. The UCLA Library System is spread over 12 libraries, 12 other archives, reading rooms, research centers and the Southern Regional Library Facility, which serves as a remote storage facility for southern UC campuses.
People also ask
Is Cal State Los Angeles private or public?
What is the address of the University of California Los Angeles?
What are UCLA libraries?
What is UCLA Library?
The University Library at Los Angeles was founded in 1883, two years after the establishment of what was then known as the California State Normal School. The library's first acquisition was Survey of Wyoming and Idaho by Dr. Ferdinand Vandeveer Hayden  In 1910, Elizabeth Fargo began her tenure as the university's first librarian and by 1919, the University Library was operated by a staff of four.
- 12 libraries; 12 other units
- 65,612 UCLA faculty, staff and students in addition to the Los Angeles metropolitan area
- 9 million (books); 70,000 (serials)
The University of California, Los Angeles ( UCLA) is a public research university in Los Angeles. UCLA traces its early origins back to 1882 as the southern branch of the California State Normal School (now San Jose State University ). It became the Southern Branch of the University of California in 1919, making it the fourth-oldest (after UC Berkeley, UC San Francisco, and UC Davis) of the 10-campus University of California system and oldest of the campuses in Southern California.
The University of California operates the largest academic library system in the world. It manages more than 34 million items  in 100 libraries on ten campuses. The purpose of these libraries is to assist research and instruction on the University of California campuses.
University of California, Los Angeles people (8 C, 15 P) Pages in category "University of California, Los Angeles" The following 98 pages are in this category, out of 98 total.
- Harbor–UCLA Medical Center, Olive View–UCLA Medical Center, UCLA Lab School
- Daily Bruin, JazzReggae Festival, Spring Sing, Westwood
- California NanoSystems Institute, Center for Embedded Network Sensing, Center for the Study of Women, Chicano Studies Research Center, Film and Television Archive, Hammer Museum, Library, Phonological Segment Inventory Database, Language Materials Project, Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica
- History, 2006 Taser incident, 2016 shooting, People, UCLA Blue
The University of California ( UC) is a public university system in the U.S. state of California. The system is composed of the campuses at Berkeley, Davis, Irvine, Los Angeles, Merced, Riverside, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, and Santa Cruz, along with numerous research centers and academic abroad centers.
University of California, Los Angeles (SUA) Poziția geografică în Statele Unite ale Americii Coordonate: 34°04′20″N 118°26′39″W / 34.072222222222°N 118.44409722222
California State University, Los Angeles (Cal State LA) is a public university in Los Angeles, California.It is part of the 23-campus California State University (CSU) system.
- Urban, 175 acres (71 ha)
- William A. Covino
- Eddie the Golden Eagle
- 26,361 (Fall 2019)
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) är ett av tio campus som utgör University of California. Det har över 30 000 studenter och är beläget i Westwood i västra Los Angeles . Liksom övriga nio campus inom University of California har det i Los Angeles en omfattande självständighet och fungerar i många avseenden som ett eget ...
Melvyl provides information about articles, books, journals and other materials held by UCLA, other University of California (UC) campuses, and libraries worldwide. This search is limited to University of California Libraries, but can be changed via a pulldown search limit on the results screen.
UCLA advances knowledge, addresses pressing societal needs and creates a university enriched by diverse perspectives where all individuals can flourish.