Mar 06, 2021 · One of the best Hindi movies on Netflix is the sports drama film Dangal, which is translated into English as: “wrestling competition.” The movie is loosely based on the Phogat family, which...
- Garbage (2018) A product of Director Qaushiq Mukherjee’s (more popularly known as Q) imagination, Garbage is a dark and twisted, yet important narrative about how Indian society treats women.
- Game Over. Game Over was originally shot in Tamil and Telugu but was also dubbed in Hindi by Netflix. The psychological thriller casts Taapsee Pannu in the lead.
- Chopsticks. Chopsticks is a feel-good Hindi movie on Netflix starring Abhay Deol and Mithila Palkar. Deol plays a con man named Artist who is well versed with the underbelly of Mumbai.
- Rajma Chawal. Named after the most popular North Indian meal, Rajma Chawal is a comedy film starring Rishi Kapoor, Anirudh Tanwar, and Amyra Dastur. The Netflix movie explores a father-son relationship after the death of the matriarch in the family.
- Ludo (2020) Writer/director Anurag Basu’s anthology crime drama is a mesmerizing Indian-ensemble film divided into four segments, with each story representing the different colored sides of a ludo game board (including the dice).
- Haraamkhor (2015) A piercing romance-drama, Haraamkhor (The Wretched) takes place in the small village of Gujarati. Shyam (Nawazuddin Siddiqui), a school teacher, begins an extramarital affair with Sandhya (Shweta Tripathi).
- Game Over (2019) Swapna (Taapsee Pannu) is reeling from a horrid trauma. Living alone, she spends her time consumed by video games, fearing the dark, and doing whatever she can to get through her anxieties.
- The Blue Umbrella (2005) Biniya is a 9-year-old girl living a small life in a small village. When she comes into possession of a blue Japanese umbrella, her fellow villagers become smitten by the beauty of the artifact, particularly Khatri, a local shopkeep that wants the umbrella for himself.
- Proma Khosla
- Sir (2021) First-time feature director Rohena Gera sticks the landing with 2018’s Sir, which only released in cinemas in November 2020 and hit Netflix early in 2021.
- Andaz Apna Apna (1994) Amar (Aamir Khan) and Prem (Salman Khan) are extraordinarily lazy schemers who dream of getting rich without lifting a finger.
- Om Shanti Om (2007) Struggling movie extra Om (Shah Rukh Khan) dreams of being a superstar worthy of his beloved Shantipriya (Deepika Padukone). A chance encounter brings them together, but Shanti’s secret threatens their bond and their lives.
- Billu (2009) This charming movie showcases the range of late great actor Irrfan Khan. Khan plays the titular Billu, a village barber who claims his childhood best friend is the Bollywood superstar Sahir Khan (Shah Rukh Khan in perfect self-parody).
People also ask
What are some good Indian movies on Netflix?
What are the best movies on Netflix?
What is the Hindi movie?
Sep 29, 2020 · Mom isn’t an easy film to watch, but it’s one of the best Hindi-language films on Netflix. A crime thriller released in 2017, Mom was a major critical and commercial success after its release, despite dealing with some truly grim subject matter.
- Main Hoon Na (2004) Shah Rukh Khan is widely known as the king of Bollywood. So, it’s befitting to start this roundup of the best Bollywood movies on Netflix with one of his most loved films -“Main Hoon Na” (2004).
- Om Shanti Om (2007) When there is a discussion of a quintessential “Bollywood” flick, the one name that instantly rocks my mind is “Om Shanti Om” (2007).
- Jab We Met (2007) This romantic comedy film is primed for love birds! Directed by Imtiaz Ali, Jab We Met (2007) stars Shahid Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor.
- Padman (2018) Inspired by the amazing life of Arunachalam Muruganantham, a well-known social entrepreneur from Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, “Padman” (2018) is a treat to watch for more than one reason.
- 3 Idiots. Director: Rajkumar Hirani | Starring: Aamir Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Boman Irani, Madhavan, Sharman Joshi | Genre: Comedy | Year: 2009 | Language: Hindi.
- Dangal. Director: Nitesh Tiwari | Starring: Aamir Khan, Sakshi Tanwar, Fatima Sana Shaikh, Sanya Malhotra | Genre: Sports, Drama | Year: 2016 | Language: Hindi.
- Andhadhun. Director: Sriram Raghavan | Starring: Tabu, Ayushmann Khurrana, Radhika Apte | Genre: Crime, Thriller, Black Comedy | Year: 2018 | Language: Hindi.
- Taare Zameen Par. Director: Aamir Khan | Starring: Darsheel Safary, Aamir Khan, Tisca Chopra, Tanay Chheda | Genre: Family, Drama | Year: 2007 | Language: Hindi.
- The Lunchbox
Let’s start our article with one of the most under-rated and a gem of a movie produced by Bollywood which is The Lunchbox. The story of Lunchbox revolves around an Indian housewife and an older man. The movie starts with a simple premise. What if the critically acclaimed Mumbai Dabbawala misplaced a lunchbox? With this simple hook, we are led into a story which is full of love, family, and emotions and takes you on a journey that you will never be able to forget. What happens you ask? Well, y...
One of my favorite Hindi movies of all time is Queen. The story revolves around a traditional family girl who has never set her foot out of her comfort zone and now decided to tour Europe on her own. What forces her to take this step and what happens afterward is the whole story of the movie. The movie is sad and hilarious at the same time. Kangana Ranawat who plays the lead character Rani has killed with her performance in this movie. This is one Netflix Hindi movie that you won’t regret wat...
Manto is the life story of controversial and troubled Indo-Pakistani writer Sadat Hussain Manto. The story focuses on the artistic and censorship challenges faced by the writers while he was creating his work. The main character Manto is being played by ever awesome Nawazuddin Siddiqui and might I say it is his one of the best performances yet. The plot is gripping and will hold you till the last minute. I enjoyed watching this movie a lot and highly recommend to all Netflix viewers.
Apr 25, 2019 · Starting from Mughal-E-Azam (1960) to Bhagban (2003), we’ve gone through the Bollywood offerings on Netflix which we know have stood the test of time! With soundtracks including tracks by Mohammed Rafi to A.R. Rahman, we have comprised the best of the best.
- related to: What are the best Hindi movies on Netflix?
amazon.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month
groupon.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month