People also ask
What are some good indie bands?
Who are the indie bands?
What are the top indie rock songs?
What are some good indie songs?
- The Smiths. The Smiths were an English rock band formed in Manchester in 1982. The group consisted of vocalist Morrissey, guitarist Johnny Marr, bassist Andy Rourke and drummer Mike Joyce.
- Arctic Monkeys. Arctic Monkeys is an English rock band formed in Sheffield in 2002. The group consists of Alex Turner (lead vocals, guitar, piano), Matt Helders (drums, vocals), Jamie Cook (guitar, keyboards) ...
- Radiohead. Radiohead are an English rock band formed in Abingdon-on-Thames in 1985. The band consists of Thom Yorke (vocals, guitar, piano, keyboards), brothers Jonny Greenwood (lead guitar, keyboards, ...
- Pixies. The Pixies are an American rock band formed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1986. The group currently consists of founders Black Francis, Joey Santiago, and David Lovering.
- Arctic Monkeys. The Arctic Monkeys, otherwise known as the Death Ramps, are a British indie rock band formed in 2002 in Sheffield, England. The band consists of Alex Turner (lead vocalist, songwriter, electric and rhythm guitarist), Jamie Cook (electric and rhythm guitarist, songwriter), Matt Helders (percussionist, ...
- The Strokes. The Strokes are an American rock band formed in New York City in 1998. They consists of Julian Casablancas (lead vocalist), Nick Valensi (guitarist, keyboardist, backing vocalist), Albert Hammond, Jr.
- The Killers. The Killers is an American indie rock band formed in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2001, by Brandon Flowers and Dave Keuning.
- Radiohead. Radiohead are an English rock band from Abingdon, Oxfordshire, formed in 1985. The band consists of Thom Yorke (lead vocals, guitar, piano, keyboards), Jonny Greenwood (lead guitar, keyboards, other instruments), Colin Greenwoood (bass guitar), Phil Selway (drums), and Ed O'Brien (guitar).
HI indie lovers! 🎸 🥁 the course of events (fb obstacles of publishing proper polls) led to this mini poll-temporary poll -MY PERSONAL dream one-the one that i saw in my vision when i started it all. the poll for the "small names" the underrated and obscure gems. 💎 💎 💎 💎 💎 💎 💎 this mini-poll is about the best ...
When it comes to rock music, the “indie” moniker is a confusing one. Originally used to refer to bands that operated with a DIY ethos, outside of the mainstream and away from the gaze of major ...
- Harry Fletcher
Jun 25, 2020 · The best new indie music directly to your inbox. Sign up for the Indie Mixtape newsletter for weekly recommendations and the latest indie news. Sign Up. By submitting my information, ...
- UPROXX Music
- Pavement. After recording 5 full-length albums and around 9 EP’s, the five-man indie rock band eventually spilt, but before they did their decade-long career showed them off as one of the best indie rock bands in history.
- Nirvana. Possibly the most successful indie rock band of all time, Nirvana formed in the late 1980’s with three members, despite having multiple drummers through their existence, their most well-known line-up consisted of guitarist and lead singer Kurt Cobain, bassist Krist Novoselic, and drummer Dave Grohl.
- Sonic Youth. Formed in New York City in 1981 with 3 original members, the band soon became a four-man band with Steve Shelley playing drums. The band soon had a series of short-term drummers throughout 1985 before Shelley fully joined the band officially.
- The Strokes. Another indie rock band formed in New York City named themselves The Strokes, they are currently still actively making music and have been since the band started in 1998.
May 20, 2020 · But these are the albums our music writers and editors felt were the very best indie-folk albums ever made. We limited our list to two albums per artist, and even then only noting second albums ...
May 14, 2020 · Manuel Sardo. Of all the many genres in music, indie may be the most crowded. What began as an anti-establishment movement by bands in the 1970s and ’80s snowballed into a massive sonic category ...
- Weyes Blood: Titanic Rising. Natalie Mering’s work under the name Weyes Blood feels less like a catalog of music and more like a journey. And each time she releases a full-length album, her destination comes a little more into focus.
- Angel Olsen: All Mirrors. From her very earliest recordings, Angel Olsen has mined drama from her relationships with physically present but psychologically absent partners.
- Sharon Van Etten: Remind Me Tomorrow. Singer/songwriter Sharon Van Etten experienced a lot of change after the release of her last album, 2014’s Are We There, and they’re the kind of life-altering shifts—newfound romantic partnership, motherhood, career advancements—that are all but destined to reveal themselves in one’s art.
- Big Thief: Two Hands. Big Thief has amassed a large and devoted fanbase the old-fashioned way: by releasing four astonishingly good albums in just three-and-a-half years, by touring relentlessly and seemingly without rest, by Instagramming a lot of photos of themselves grinning and embracing each other in various bucolic settings.
Discover the top indie bands before your hipster friends on We Are The Guard's best indie songs post. Hear our handpicked 2020 favs - new & unsigned right now.