What are the most common side effects of doxycycline?Answer from 4 sources
Common side effects of doxycycline include:
- Itching of the rectum or vagina.
- Sore mouth.
Common doxycycline side effects may include:
- nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, loss of appetite;
- mild diarrhea;
- skin rash or itching;
- darkened skin color; or.
- vaginal itching or discharge.
The more common side effects of doxycycline can include:
- loss of appetite.
- nausea and vomiting.
- sensitivity to the sun.
- temporary discoloring of...
Doxycycline Side Effects
- Nausea and vomiting are the most common side effects associated with doxycycline.
- Loss of appetite is a secondary side effect that goes hand in hand with the nausea and vomiting.
- Diarrhea is an uncommon side...
People also ask
What are the long term effects of doxycycline?
Is doxycycline bad for your stomach?
Is doxycycline strong antibiotic?
How long is doxycycline safe to keep?
- For The Consumer
- For Healthcare Professionals
- Further Information
Applies to doxycycline: oral capsule, oral capsule extended release, oral powder for suspension, oral syrup, oral tablet, oral tablet delayed releaseAlong with its needed effects, doxycycline may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking doxycycline:
Applies to doxycycline: injectable powder for injection, oral capsule, oral delayed release capsule, oral delayed release tablet, oral kit, oral powder for reconstitution, oral syrup, oral tablet, oral and topical kit
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
- Blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
- clay-colored stools
Doxycycline can cause side effects. If you notice any side effect that becomes worse or will not go away, tell your doctor. Some of the more common side effects of doxycycline include: Diarrhea. Loss of appetite. Nausea or vomiting. Vaginal itching or discharge. Doxycycline may cause diarrhea that may become severe.
Feb 07, 2021 · The most common side effects of doxycycline are mouth soreness, itching genitals, diarrhea, blurred vision, confusion, and stomach...
- Headaches. You should drink plenty of fluids for headaches but don’t have too much alcohol. You can take painkillers,...
- Feeling sick or being sick. It’s best to have simple meals, which aren’t too rich, flavoursome or spicy. Try having your...
- Sensitivity to sunlight. In this case, wear sunglasses, wear sunscreen and...
stomach pain or tenderness. swelling of the feet or lower legs. swollen, painful, or tender lymph glands in the neck, armpit, or groin. tightness in the chest. unusual tiredness or weakness. unusual weight loss. vomiting. yellow eyes or skin. Some side effects may occur that usually do not need medical attention.