People also ask
What are the different types of disco?
What is disco music?
What is the dance form of disco?
What was disco dance music, and where did it begin?
Disco, beat-driven style of popular music that was the preeminent form of dance music in the 1970s. Its name was derived from discotheque, the name for the type of dance-oriented nightclub that first appeared in the 1960s.
Mar 08, 2017 · The disco movement, as it originally was, ended in the ’80s, as the AIDS epidemic stormed through the gay community and fear settled over the formerly jubilant clubs. But vestiges remain: Velvet ropes still part for the chicest outfit, style mavens still fill gay clubs and parades, and music trends continue to transcend race and sexuality.
Disco has its roots in the underground club scene. During the early 1970s in New York City, disco clubs were places where oppressed or marginalized groups such as gay people, African Americans, Latinos, Italian Americans, and Jews could party without following male to female dance protocol or exclusive club policies. Discothèques had a law where for every three men, there was one woman.
- Silent Disco 1 Festivals. 120 W Gasparilla Plz. Downtown Tampa. “I LOVED this event!!! My first exposure to Silent Disco was at the Gasparilla Music Festival two years ago.
- The Castle. 104. $Dance Clubs, Bars. (813) 247-7547. 2004 N 16th St. Ybor City. “This place is a legend in Tampa's backyard. It has closed and re-emerged through the decades as a disco, a gay disco, a gay salsa disco, and finally a…” more.
- Hyde Park Cafe. 119. $$Dance Clubs, Lounges, Venues & Event Spaces. (813) 254-2233. 1806 W Platt St. Hyde Park. “Great place come here all the time happy hour is great.
- Tampa Karaoke VIP 59 $$Karaoke, Cocktail Bars. (813) 513-3028. 930 E Fletcher Ave. USF. “ fun and can let loose. The rooms are for the most part sound proof but can hear a little in the halls but there's a bunch of us singing so no big deal.
Reviews on Disco Club in New York, NY - Jupiter Disco, Retroclubnyc, Pyramid Club, Quiet Events, Paradise Club, Club Cumming, Carla V Entertainment, Vj Magic Myke, TrotterArt IND., Studio 54 Theatre, The Eagle, The Copacabana Times Square, The Rub, House of Yes, Live Music Pros, Club Cache, Dylan's Forest Hills, Loft 51 NYC, The Top of the Standard, Mister Saturday Night, The Monster, Herbert ...
- VENUS Disco Strip Night Club Milano | Spotyoutube.com
- Party Dance Club Remix 2020 ♫ Best Shuffle Dance Party Video Mix ♫ New EDM Dance Charts Songsyoutube.com
- Dubai Disco Club Palmira was live. - Dubai Disco Club Palmirafacebook.com
- 4 Simple Dance Moves for the Club (Dance Tutorial for Beginners) | Mandy Jirouxyoutube.com
- Origins -
- Spread and Evolution -
- Notable Artists -
- Cultural Significance and Legacy -
The origin of disco music can be traced back in the early 1970s and emerged out of an urban subculture. Some analysts have asserted that disco is as a result of a reaction against the dominance of the rock music as well as stigmatization of the dance music by the counterculture that emerged during that time. The initial disco-like clubs were held in New York where private parties were held. A city DJ, David Mancuso held private underground house parties and was connected that no police raids...
DJ David Mancuso played a pivotal role in development growth and spread of the disco music. In 1970, he established a member’s only club in his residence which attracted a huge number of gays who were being harassed in New York bars by the police. This act made the genre popular among the gay community. In 1974, disco radio show was aired in WPIX- FM. Apart from Mancuso, there was also other DJS who helped in spreading the music genre including; Nicky Siano, Shep Pettibone, Larry Levan, and W...
The most notable disco artists had their career peaks in the 1970s. Topping the list is LaDonna Adrian Gaines who went by the stage name Donna Summer. She was also known as Queen of disco, First Lady of Love, Donna Gaines and Dona Sudano. She was active musically since 1968 to 2012 after she met her death. During her long career, she produced 32 hit songs which earned spots in the US Billboard Hot 100. Some of her hit songs are Lady of the Night, cats without claws, and Crayons which she prod...
Although the genre became less influential in the US in the 1990s, it left a huge impact. The minorities in the society such as gays, the black American, and the Hispanics could make it big in the Music industry. The great Sylvester who was a gay became a megastar who could even hire private jets to tour the world. The fashion taste of disco-goers is still felt to the present day. However, t is in this era that drug abuse and promiscuity hit an all-time high.
Disco is a genre of dance music and a subculture that emerged in the 1970s from the United States' urban nightlife scene. Its sound is typified by four-on-the-floor beats, syncopated basslines, string sections, horns, electric piano, synthesizers, and electric rhythm guitars.
1. nightclub - a spot that is open late at night and that provides entertainment (as singers or dancers) as well as dancing and food and drink; "don't expect a good meal at a cabaret"; "the gossip columnist got his information by visiting nightclubs every night"; "he played the drums at a jazz club". cabaret, night club, nightspot, club.
Disco Fever was a New York City dance club located in the South Bronx on Jerome Avenue and 167th street that operated from 1976 to 1986. After initially failing to draw very many customers, Sal Abbatiello convinced his father, the owner, to hand over the reins. Abbatiello quickly began featuring hip hop artists including a young Grandmaster Flash, and the club greatly increased in popularity and fame.
Jun 20, 2010 · Created on June 20, 2010 using FlipShare.
- 5 min
- Rico Bueno