People also ask
What are some new wave bands?
What is 80s new wave music?
What is 80s music?
Background: 'New Wave' evolved from 'Punk' in the late '70s being less anti-social and more radio (and MTV) friendly, hitting it's high in '83 and faded around '87.It can be best described as mixing the energy of Punk with a bit of 'Glam', 'Pop', 'Art-Rock' & 'Dance' and relied heavily on synthesizers.
- “The Big Country”—Talking Heads. Beginning with a mournful country twang, the song rings of coastal snobbery, but I can’t say I haven’t felt this. David Byrne is a plane flying cross-country noting “a baseball diamond, nice weather down there, places to park,” and decides, “I wouldn’t do the things the way those people do/I wouldn’t live there if you paid me.”
- “You’re All I’ve Got Tonight”—The Cars. “Just What I Needed” put the Boston quintet on the map—Roxy-ish, synth-and-guitar driven power-pop—but “You’re All I’ve Got Tonight” is the pick.
- “Just Can’t Get Enough”—Depeche Mode. Before singer Dave Gahan joined and Depeche Mode embraced a darker, more art-rock side, singer-songwriter Vince Clarke penned this almost absurdly buoyant hit about nothing so much as the joy of being alive and experiencing all life had to offer.
- “Tank”—The Stranglers. Margaret Thatcher was a year away from power and Ronald Reagan two years, but tension was in the air and the sabers were rattling.
- The Best 80's New Wave Music Mix Ever - Part 2 of 3youtube.com
- Top 17 Most Epic Songs ever [Part 6] HD.youtube.com
- The Best 80's New Wave Music Mix Ever - Part 3 of 3youtube.com
- The Human League - Humanyoutube.com
Aug 22, 2018 · New wave: A guide to the best albums Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense (EMI, 1999). Originally released in 1984, it’s the expanded edition of this live... New Order - Power, Corruption & Lies (Factory, 1983). No matter how dancey they got, fans of New Order ’s rockier side... The Jam - Sound Affects ...
New Wave music first appeared in the late 1970's and subsequently kept us entertained well into the late 1980's. A whole wide range of musical acts have been...
Feb 18, 2018 · Ever since the introduction of the modular synthesizer by Robert Moog, the history of music had been changed forever. ... also known as techno-pop is a subgenre of new wave music that first became ...
Oct 13, 2020 · For most people, Scottish band Orange Juice was a one-hit wonder known for the UK Top 10 song “Rip It Up,” which was one of their most keyboard-driven New Wave-y tunes. But for those who bothered...
ABC's "The Look of Love, Pt. 1," Spandau Ballet's "True," the Style Council's "You're the Best Thing," the Human League's "Human," the Teardrop Explodes' "Passionate Friend," and Aztec Camera's "Somewhere in My Heart" are featured, along with another handful. A couple cuts fall outside of the new wave time line, but when they do, they're close enough to warrant inclusion.
New wave is a music genre that encompasses numerous pop-oriented styles from the late 1970s and the 1980s. It was originally used as a catch-all for the music that emerged after punk rock, including punk itself, but may be viewed retrospectively as a more accessible counterpart of post-punk.