- 1. pop music intended mainly for dancing to at discos, typically soul-influenced and melodic with a regular bass beat and popular particularly in the late 1970s.
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
- Haddaway - What Is Love [Official]youtube.com
- Taylor Swift - ME! (feat. Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco)youtube.com
- Jim Carrey head dance song "What is love"youtube.com
- "Pajama Time!" by The Laurie Berkner Band from Superhero Albumyoutube.com
Disco, beat-driven style of popular music that was the preeminent form of dance music in the 1970s. Its name was derived from discotheque, the name for the type of dance-oriented nightclub that first appeared in the 1960s. Initially ignored by radio, disco received its first significant exposure in
Mar 03, 2019 · Disco music is a genre that developed in nightclubs in the 1960s and 1970s. It's made up of parts of different musical traditions, including soul, funk, Motown and even salsa and meringue. This is music meant to be danced to and was a precursor to club music, trance and hip-hop music of the 1990s and beyond.
Apr 03, 2018 · Disco music was the perfect conduit to foster this sense of togetherness through diversity. “In a world where pretty much all dance music is made on computers with no live musicians, disco’s ...
Lately any song with a black-accented vocal and a dance beat has been quickly labeled disco, a stereo-typing which is not only misguided but is an affront to funk, a black dance music with the ...
The musical characteristics of disco are: 1. A four-on-the-floor beat 2. An 8th note (quaver) or 16th note (semi-quaver) hi-hat pattern 3. Open hi-hat on the off beat 4.
Disco is a genre of dance-oriented music that originated in African American, gay and Hispanic American communities in 1970s. In what is considered a forerunner to disco style clubs in February 1970 New York City DJ David Mancuso opened The Loft, a members-only private dance club set in his own home.
May 21, 2012 · Disco evolved into the mainstream dance music of the next two decades, such as house, drum and bass, and techno. All were more or less stripped-down versions of disco. Full orchestras were replaced by synthesizers, drum sets were replaced by programmed drum machines, and musical breaks were added by sampling pieces from funk, soul, and ...
- The 35 Best Disco Songs Ever.
- #35 Best Disco Song: Rick James - Super Freak.
- #34 Best Disco Song: Rose Royce - Car Wash.
- #33 Best Disco Song: Prince - 1999.
♫ Buy the MP3 album on the Official Halidon Music Store:http://bit.ly/2kuxiMa🎧 Listen to ”70s & 80s Disco Hits ” playlist on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2lIJW...
- 86 min
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing.