www.ranker.com/list/best-dictionary-websites/dot-commander#:~:text=Wiktionary has to be one of the most,will find on this best dictionary websites list.
- Wiktionary has to be one of the most popular dictionary sites. This is also a good thesaurus website, as it gives similar words and the history of that word's origins. YourDictionary.com is also a good site that you will find on this best dictionary websites list.
People also ask
What is the best online English language dictionary?
What are the best dictionary sites?
Which dictionary is better?
What's the best dictionary app?
- Matt Okeefe
- Wiktionary. Founded on the same ideology as encyclopedia project Wikipedia, Wiktionary is another testament to what internet users can create together.
- Google Dictionary. Advertising. Google Dictionary has a lot of different languages with features like voice pronunciation, definitions, example sentences, related phrases, related phrases and more.
- Dictionary.com. The site with the best domain name of all online dictionaries is also one of the most useful. It’s partnered with Ask.com, but don’t hold that association against it.
- The Free Dictionary. Advertising. The Free Dictionary offers you the ability to search via words, characters or text. It gives you multiple definitions, a thesaurus, intransitive verbs and voice pronunciations, along with a translator that works with common language like French, German and Greek.
Jun 12, 2019 · Wiktionary has to be one of the most popular dictionary sites. This is also a good thesaurus website, as it gives similar words and the history of that word's origins. YourDictionary.com is also a good site that you will find on this best dictionary websites list.
- Online Dictionary and Thesaurus from Collins with over 1 million words: Definitions, synonyms, pronunciations, translations, origin and examples.
- The perfect free online English dictionary – a one-stop reference for English speakers around the world.
- OneLook is a dictionary and translation metasearch engine. OneLook searches more than one thousand online dictionaries at the time of this writing in order to find whatever definition that you're looking for; in addition, you can use OneLook to to find translations of a particular word in other languages.
- Collaborative project to produce a free-content multilingual dictionary. It aims to describe all words of all languages using definitions and descriptions in English.
- Lori Kaufman
- Ultimate Dictionary. Ultimate Dictionary is a free dictionary program for Windows that is easy to install and use. It contains a collection of around 61 dictionaries, which includes dictionaries, thesauruses, and glossaries, as well as English, Spanish, French, and Polish word references.
- WordWeb. WordWeb is a free dictionary program for Windows that provides a dictionary and a thesaurus. Each word is accompanied by synonyms, and where available antonyms (a word having a meaning opposite to that of another word), meronyms (a word that names a part of a larger whole; for example, “finger” is a meronym of “hand”), hypernyms (a word that is more generic than a given word; for example, “car” or “airplane” are hypernyms for more precise terms like Toyota Camry or Boeing 747), holonyms (a word that names the whole of which a given word is a part; for example, “hat” is a holonym for “brim” and “crown”).
- TheSage English Dictionary and Thesaurus. TheSage is a free offline dictionary and thesaurus that contains a large dictionary of more than 210,000 definitions, as well as a complete thesaurus providing over 1,400,000 relationships between definitions, including synonyms, antonyms, hyponyms, hypernyms, meronyms, holonyms, and more.
- LingoPad. LingoPad is a free offline dictionary for Windows that contains a German-English dictionary, as well as other dictionaries that are available for download.
Aug 30, 2010 · Online dictionaries: which is best? The new edition of the Oxford English Dictionary will be online-only. Many of its rivals – Collins, Chambers et al - have already launched free web versions.
- Aida Edemariam
The dictionary by Merriam-Webster is America's most trusted online dictionary for English word definitions, meanings, and pronunciation. #wordsmatter
The easy to understand dictionary with example sentences, famous quotes and audio pronunciations. Includes: thesaurus, computer dictionary, investment dictionary, law dictionary and more.
Oxford dictionary is the best one, and many students, researchers, and teachers use this. It is one of the famous dictionaries. For the beginners, advanced learner's dictionary is the best. You can get these for free on MyPustak.com. Both dictionaries are available there. It has a simple language, and you can understand it easily.