Top 10 Longest Running TV Shows
www.crazyask.com/longest-running-tv-shows/#:~:text=Top 10 Longest Running TV Shows 1 LASSIE,HILLS 90210 (1990-2000) 10 CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (2000-2015)
- LASSIE (1954-1971)
- Gunsmoke (1955-1975)
- My Three Sons (1960-1972)
- STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES (1966-Going on)
- ALL MY CHILDREN (1970-2011)
- HAPPY DAYS (1974-1984)
- The Simpsons (1989-Going on)
- SOUTH PARK (1997-Going on)
- BEVERLY HILLS 90210 (1990-2000)
- CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (2000-2015)
People also ask
What is the longest running TV series?
What is the longest running religious TV program?
What is the longest running talk show?
What is the longest running TV programme in the UK?
Longest-running professional wrestling program on national television (while WCW Saturday Night ran for longer overall, the first 5 years of the program were only locally broadcast; some locally televised promotions such as Portland and Houston ran as long as 40 years).
- Tim Buckler
- The Simpsons. It’s very easy to condemn The Simpsons for its decline in quality over the years, but the fact is that silly cartoon sketch from the Tracey Ulman show has become as much of an American staple as Superman, KFC, and dim-witted presidents.
- South Park. The secret to South Park’s success is the ability to change and develop as the years go by. Starting off as the view of a non-innocent world from innocent eyes, thanks to the advancement in technology an episode is now written, recorded and animated within a week before its air date making it the most up to date in contemporary political and pop-culture satire.
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. The spin-off from Law and Order started 9 years after the original and has recently surpassed its longevity in terms of episode numbers.
- Gunsmoke. Gunsmoke, or as its known by its other name “that old cowboy show that isn’t Bonanza” started way back as a radio series in 1952 before transitioning to TV in 1955.
- The longest running black sitcomsyoutube.com
- Future of Canada's longest running horse racing television program is in doubtyoutube.com
- Business Television | Canada's Longest Running Investment Showyoutube.com
- The longest-running sitcom in TV historyyoutube.com
This is a list of the longest-running television shows by category.The criterion for being the longest-running show is by the number of years the show has been on the air and not the number of episodes produced.
- My Three Sons
- Star Trek: The Original Series
- All My Children
- Happy Days
- The Simpsons
- South Park
- Beverly Hills 90210
- Crime Scene Investigation
The TV show LASSIE was released after the releasing of the novel Lassie Come-Home in 1940. This show first debuted in 1954 and the last season was finished in 1971. The show was loved widely because of the character Lassie which covered almost 17 years of airing.The novel got so viral in all over the America that there were several publications of Lassie in different forms like TV shows, Movies, even manga, and anime. Now you can imagine how much the novel was loved by every single one.Lassie...
It was recognized as one of the famous TV shows and also the longest running TV series at that time that collected millions of fans all over. Gunsmoke was on the top of the list those days, and for its longest run, it is still famous among its viewers.Gunsmoke gave a total of 635 episodes that is a very good number for any successful TV series. The first version of Gunsmoke was audible only as it was set up as the radio program. Later, it switched to visual entertainment when the first season...
Another one in the race of longest running TV shows that ended making 380 episodes and 12 seasons. This TV she was all about a widower named Steve Douglas and his three sons Mike, Robbie, and Chip as it is clear with its name.After acting for some seasons, Mike left the show, and a new boy was hired that was perfect to fit with the theme of this show, and the show went on successfully.In this series, the father’ role was played by Fred MacMurray as Steve Douglas wows famous for working with D...
In the beginning, Star Trek didn’t get much popularity, and there were only three seasons seated in 1966 and ended in 1969. So this first round didn’t go well, but even then, it was recognized as one of the most loved TV series.After its original series that got canceled, its huge fans convinced the creator to come up with a new Star Trek series, and this was the animated version that was first debuted in 1973. The series included all the adventures in cartoon form up to 1975.For approx. ten...
This one among these longest running TV shows got its run in 1970 for this first time. It was also the TV show having this much star casts, and the TV series went super hit that ran for almost 40 years.So this grand TV series deserved being here as it covered forty huge years running successfully with different characters that changed over time. This show covered over 3,400 episodes in all those years and this way it created the history for airing so long.There were several actors and actress...
The show ‘Happy Days’ was aired for a total of ten years from 74 to 84. This TV series showed the family living in Wisconsin included parents and their teenage kids. As its name, Happy Days pictured a happy American life which gained millions of viewers.The TV series produced eleven seasons with 255 episodes being each one of half an hour with the star cast Ron Howard, Richie Cunningham, Henry Winkler, Tom Bosley and Marion Ross.When the first two seasons released, all the episodes were about...
It comes as one of the most famous TV shows while being as the longest running TV show as well. You may have all heard about this comical TV series that has been continuously spreading love among its viewers since 1989.The show has completed over 400 episodes and still counting as being the most successful animated series. Matt Groening is known as the father of this animated series The Simpsons where the story goes on about all these Simpsons and their lives in the Springfield.This TV show h...
Another animated series that deserves being in the list of longest running TV shows since 1997 it’s been going on and on. The series brings up four schooling boys with their bad mouths releasing bad languages all the time since its debut in 1997.South Park is not a soft series of animation but it features darker, cruder, and more violent characters it is the reasons behind the popularity of this show. The TV series has gained enough reputation among teens who love to watch adult-themed cartoo...
This show made a long run for over a decade starting in 1990 to 2000 as being one of the longest running TV shows. It is all about the teens pursuing their schooling at West Beverly Hills High School, a fictional school.The storyline revolves around a group of teens, their friends and families and also their relationships for all these tenures. The show went from some cast changes according to the requirement of the storyline, and new casts took place to fit in the role.This series was very p...
CSI was a cop show that ran from 2000 to 15 and covered fifteen years very successfully. The show pictured the lives of cops and their investigations on different crime scenes.So this TV series was full of unsolved theories that these cops took responsibility of serving as investigators and not as police. The series rated in Las Vegas with these CSIs investigators that ran one new crime each week in this dramatic series.The show also got viral for its unique camera angles and unusual visuals...
These longest running TV shows like Star Trek and The Simpsons are the longest-running franchises ever that take you to the fictional world and hold your imagination there.Shows get in the long run because of worthy characters and strong storyline they use, the same concept was followed by the creator of these shows, and they got the long run. So, choose your longest and favorite TV show from my list here and share your opinions about it.
Longest Running TV Shows 64 titles 1. The Simpsons (1989–)
MTV's longest-running program has gone through multiple iterations in multiple cities. The reality show moves strangers into a house and documents their interactions as they meet new people and deal with living with strangers that come from a variety of backgrounds. It has also generated multiple spin-offs. "Power Rangers" (27 years)
- Meet the Press’ At 70, Meet the Press is the longest-running program in television history. It premiered on November 6, 1947, and was inspired by a Mutual Radio Network program created by Martha Roundtree called Leave it to the Girls that consisted of a man questioning female celebrities on women’s issues of the day.
- NBC Nightly News’ Last month, NBC News held a celebration in its ‘Nightly News’ studio to mark the 70th anniversary of the program. It bases this milestone on the origin of The Camel News Caravan, which premiered on February 16, 1948, with the late John Cameron Swayze as its anchor.
- CBS Evening News’ Likewise, CBS’s nightly network news broadcast traces its origins all the way back to 1948. Its first program was called Douglas Edwards With the News, which debuted on May 3, 1948.
- Today’ “We’re in touch with the world,” Jack Lescoulie said on the first broadcast of January 14, 1952, as he introduced its famous first moderator, Dave Garroway.
The huge popularity of “America’s game” led to its nightly syndicated edition. And, it is the longest running syndicated game show in the United States, having aired more than 6000 episodes in 32 seasons. See also; 10 Longest Running Talk Shows on US Television. 1.