Other top 80s New Wave Songs from 1980 included:
- Turning Japanese - The Vapors
- Whip It - Devo
- Don't Stand So Close To Me - The Police
- Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
- Enola Gay - OMD
- Call Me - Blondie
People also ask
What are the best new wave songs of the 1980s?
What is new wave music from the 80s?
What are some songs from the 1980s?
What are some new wave bands?
The following is a list of artists and bands associated with the new wave music genre during the late 1970s and early-to-mid 1980s. The list does not include acts associated with the resurgences and revivals of the genre that have occurred from the 1990s onward.
New wave is a broad music genre that encompasses numerous pop-oriented styles from the late 1970s and the 1980s. It was originally used as a catch-all for the music that emerged after punk rock, including punk itself, but may be viewed retrospectively as a more accessible counterpart of post-punk.
New wave, category of popular music spanning the late 1970s and the early 1980s. Taking its name from the French New Wave cinema of the late 1950s, this catchall classification was defined in opposition to punk (which was generally more raw, rough edged, and political) and to mainstream “corporate” rock (which many new wave upstarts ...
- The Cars. One of the original and most musically balanced torchbearers for the new wave style, the Cars both exemplified and defined new wave with their sweeping, accessible sound.
- Talking Heads. Almost all of the early New York City punk rock bands would ultimately take on the new wave descriptor, which is actually rather appropriate given the array of experimental styles found in that city's mid-'70s scene.
- Elvis Costello. A common characteristic of the most enduring artists of the new wave era, perhaps by necessity, is an overriding versatility and searching needs to test the boundaries of what pop music had to offer.
- The Police. The proximity of the Police to the punk rock revolution in England may have had as much to do with the band's inclusion in the new wave category as its reggae-inflected sound, but the trio certainly reflected the variety ultimately housed within the genre.
Jul 22, 2020 · The Passions, Suzanne Fellini, the Cosmopolitans and Holly and the Italians put out standout new wave music in the 1980s. Credit...
- The 1980s -- New Wave Era..youtube.com
- 1980'S DANCE FLOOR NEW WAVE DANCING ON "DANCE PARTY USA" 1980'Syoutube.com
- Soviet Punk & New Wave in the 1980s: A Pivotal Decade (History of Soviet Rock Part 2)youtube.com
- Obscure 80s New Wave - Rare Hits of The 80's - Select Songs From Rare Hits of The 80's Compsyoutube.com
- The 1980s: Rise of the New Right. The populist conservative movement known as the New Right enjoyed unprecedented growth in the late 1970s and early 1980s.
- The 1980s: The Reagan Revolution and Reaganomics. During and after the 1980 presidential election, these disaffected liberals came to be known as “Reagan Democrats.”
- The 1980s: Reagan and the Cold War. Like many other American leaders during the Cold War, President Reagan believed that the spread of communism anywhere threatened freedom everywhere.
- The 1980s: Reaganomics. On the domestic front, Reagan’s economic policies initially proved less successful than its partisans had hoped, particularly when it came to a key tenet of the plan: balancing the budget.
The Best New Wave Albums of 1980. View reviews, ratings, news & more regarding your favorite band.
- 4 answers
There were two distinct looks, one popular with younger guys in their 20's who were part of the new Wave/New romantic look and one worn my older guys who wore suits as part of their office career look. Young guys wore suits with very narrow...
- 11 answers
Everything. Berlin Wall coming down MTV being new and good! None of this barely playing music crap it does now. Geraldine Ferraro being the first woman VP candidate. AIDS becoming known, the "Silence=Death" pins, and losing someone to AIDS...
- 6 answers
The definition of New Wave in the United States Within the United States, the term has since become applied indiscriminately to any band, with attitude, that did not embrace the simplistic, loud-fast playing style, whether that meant that...
- 4 answers
Enjoy and Feel the Music!!! Thanks for Listening. . . .
- 45 min
- Noel Reyes
COPY RIGHT PROTECTED PUBLISHED & UPLOADED BY MUSIC 101 FB PAGE, MIXCLOUD & SOUNDCLOUD 1.FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/music101reborn/videos/1730219230321...
- 64 min
- Larry Monge
Pure Post-Punk and New Wave Listen now! ... 1980s Alternative. The birth of modern rock. 1970s & '80s Lite Hits. Adult hits of the soft rock era. 1980s Jazz.