People also ask
What are the best ska bands?
What is ska music and who are some examples?
What are some good punk bands?
What are the top 20 ska songs?
Sep 20, 2019 · Ska bands had a surge in popularity in the 1990s with albums like Sell Out (Reel Big Fish) and Super Rad! (The Aquabats) taking over the radio waves. This is the era where some of the best ska bands emerged and haven't let up since. So, what are the best ska bands?
Jun 14, 2019 ·
- Rancid. More Rancid ❯ #1,526 of 2,040 The Greatest Musical Artists of All Time #797 of 2,211 The Best Rock Bands of All Time #128 of 221 Bands/Artists With Only One Great Album.
- The Specials. More The Specials ❯ The Best Specials Albums of All Time #879 of 2,211 The Best Rock Bands of All Time #162 of 390 The Best Punk Bands Of All Time.
- Reel Big Fish. More Reel Big Fish ❯ The Best Reel Big Fish Albums of All Time #1,328 of 2,211 The Best Rock Bands of All Time #235 of 390 The Best Punk Bands Of All Time.
- Operation Ivy. More Operation Ivy ❯ #40 of 390 The Best Punk Bands Of All Time #49 of 77 The Best Music Side Projects #9 of 42 The Best Bands Named After Flowers.
- Sublime. More Sublime ❯ #439 of 2,040 The Greatest Musical Artists of All Time #403 of 2,211 The Best Rock Bands of All Time #851 of 1,060 The Worst Bands & Musicians of All Time.
Jul 14, 2015 ·
- Vinnie Fiorello
- THE MIGHTY MIGHTY BOSSTONES – The Impression That I Get (1997) “The Bosstones were monsters live, devastatingly tight and with the right amount of anger and aggression.
- THE SUICIDE MACHINES – Break The Glass (1996) “Friends and brothers. The Machines were happening at the same time as LTJ and when we found them on our second tour, we bonded.
- SKANKIN’ PICKLE – Song #3 (1997) “The blueprint for LTJ’s touring ethic, and also releasing some early music from us, Skankin’ Pickle’s studio records rarely did anything for me, but watching and listening to those songs live made a lightbulb go off.
- REEL BIG FISH – Sell Out (1996) “Speaking of fun… Reel Big Fish’s lyrics took satire and dry wit to new levels: quirky, but with a dark side. After touring with RBF, I can say the lyrics and music perfectly match singer/guitar player Aaron Barrett.
- KEMURI – Positive Mental Attitude (P.M.A.) (1998) “Our Japanese brothers. The east’s take on a west coast sound, influenced by English and Jamaican music styles.
- 4 answers
Oh geez, i like five Iron Frenzy or reel big fish !! yay ska!!
- 6 answers
Never heard of Street Light Manifesto. But I LOVE the songs "Sell Out" and "Beer" by Reel Big Fish, so I'd have to say them.
- 2 answers
the Clash the Dead Kennedys Green Day
- 4 answers
Jul 13, 2010 · Music video by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones performing The Impression That I Get. (C) 1997 The Island Def Jam Music Group #MightyMightyBosstones #TheImpressionThatIGet #Vevo.
- 3 min
Oct 02, 2013 ·
- The Mighty Mighty Bosstones – “The Impression That I Get” When the Bosstones charted on the Billboard Hot 100, the genre hit the mainstream. It was important for the growth of the genre.
- Mephiskapheles- “The Bumble Bee Tuna Song” “El Coo Cool” was one of the first ska song I heard, but “The Bumble Bee Tuna Song” was the first. My friend had this song on a mixtape a friend made for him.
- The Suicide Machines – “Hey” The Suicide Machines was one of the most popular ska bands to emerge in the late-90’s. If you were a fan of ska/punk and lived in the Midwest, you probably made a trip up to Detroit to see them play live.
- Slapstick – “There’s a Metalhead In The Parking Lot” Slapstick was only together for a few short years, but they made an impact. They became more popular as years went by and even reunited a few times to play a show.
- Random Hand – “Anger Management” Random Hand is one of the newer bands/songs on this list. They are a British ska-core band. A genre that is slowly going extinct.
"The Skatalites are probably the best known first wave ska band and, along with Desmond Dekker and Bob Marley, the most famous Jamaican artists. Their distinct and more jazzy sound probably is the reason for people to crown them as the 'ska creators'.
With his Ska band The Braces (1984-1991, 2000-2006) Joachim Uerschels released three albums for Unicorn, Pork Pie and Mad Butcher Records. He lives in Cologne, Germany as a writer and musician. He lives in Cologne, Germany as a writer and musician.
Mar 01, 2017 · The band only lasted from 1987 to 1989—after which time Armstrong and Freeman formed Rancid—but it was long enough to influence every American ska-punk band that followed. 5. Dance Hall ...
- Kenneth Partridge
This is a list of notable bands and musicians who performed primarily ska or ska-influenced music for a significant portion of their careers. Contents 1 Original (starting in late 1950s)
Feel-Good results for Who is the best ska band?