- The honor of youngest Oscar winner goes to Tatum O'Neal, who was just 10 years old when she took home the prize for Best Supporting Actress in 1974. O'Neal won for her performance in Paper Moon,...
People also ask
Who are the youngest people nominated for an Oscar?
Who is the only person named Oscar to win an Oscar?
Who was the first foreign actor to win an Oscar?
Who is the oldest person to win an Oscar?
This is a list of oldest and youngest Academy Award winners and nominees in the award categories "acting" and "directing".. This list is based on "statistics valid through the nomination announcement for the 2015 (88th Academy Awards), announced on January 14, 2016", as documented in The Official Academy Awards Database.
Apr 25, 2021 · At 10 years old, O’Neal became the youngest winner ever in a competitive category for her whiskey-voiced turn as Addie Pray, a pint-sized con artist selling Bibles to unsuspecting widows during the...
- Rob Bailey-Millado
Apr 20, 2021 · The honor of youngest Oscar winner goes to Tatum O'Neal, who was just 10 years old when she took home the prize for Best Supporting Actress in 1974. O'Neal won for her performance in Paper Moon,...
- Andrea Butler
Apr 20, 2021 · On April 2, 1974, according to the Academy Awards Acceptance Speech Database, O'Neal became the youngest person to win a competitive Academy Award, taking home the statue for her performance in Paper Moon. "All I really want to thank is my director Peter Bogdanovich and my father. Thank you," the 10-year-old said in her brief acceptance speech.
- Aaron Homer
- Justin Henry for ‘Kramer vs Kramer’, aged 8. Kramer vs Kramer (1979) At the Oscars in 1980, Henry became the youngest nominee in any category after receiving a nod for Best Supporting Actor for his role as a cherubic child torn between his divorcing parents (Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep) in Robert Benton’s weepie.
- Jackie Cooper for ‘Skippy’, aged 9. Skippy (1931)
- Quvenzhané Wallis for ‘Beasts of the Southern Wild’, aged 9. Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012) It’s Wallis’s captivating central turn as a defiant six-year-old living on a Louisiana bayou that imbues Benh Zeitlin’s tender fable with magic and earned the young performer a Best Actress nomination at the 2013 Oscars.
- Tatum O’Neal for ‘Paper Moon’, aged 10. Paper Moon (1973)
Jan 13, 2020 · Marelle Matlin became the youngest actor ever to receive an Academy Award for a leading role. She won an Oscar for her debut film, Children of a Lesser God, in 1986.
- Brooke Bajgrowicz
Apr 24, 2021 · Technically, Shirley Temple is the youngest person to ever receive an Academy Award. In 1935, the Board of Governors created an honorary Juvenile Award and gave it to the 6-year-old Shirley for ...
- Beril Naz Hassan
Sep 19, 2014 · In 1974, at the young age of 10 years old, Tatum O'Neal was the youngest actress in Hollywood to win a competitive Oscar. She received the Academy Award for best supporting actress for her performance in the 1973 film, Paper Moon.