From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia For the former Great Western Railway station in the same town, see Ammanford railway station (GWR). Ammanford railway station in Ammanford, Carmarthenshire, Wales, is 12 miles (19 km) north of Swansea on the Heart of Wales Line.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammanford_railway_station
Ammanford (Welsh: Rhydaman) is a town and community in Carmarthenshire, Wales, with a population of 5,411 at the 2011 census. It is a former coal mining town. the built-up area had a population 7,945 with the wider urban area even bigger.
Ammanfordis an electoral ward, representing part of the communityof Ammanford, Carmarthenshire, Wales.
People also ask
What was the population of Ammanford in 2011?
What is Ammanford railway station?
When did Ammanford become a part of Dyfed?
How did Ammanford in Carmarthenshire get its name?
Ammanford railway station in Ammanford, Carmarthenshire, Wales, is 12 miles north of Swansea on the Heart of Wales Line. The station opened in 1841 as a temporary terminus of the Llanelly Railway's line to Llandeilo, making it one of the country's earliest railway stations. Originally called Duffryn, and then Tirydail, the station underwent a number of name changes before being renamed Ammanford and Tirydail in 1960 following the closure in 1958 of Ammanford station on the Amman Valley branch ra
Opened by the Llanelly Railway on 6 May 1841, the station was taken over jointly by the Great Western Railway and London and North Western Railway in 1873. It became part of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway as a result of the Grouping of 1923. The station then passed, upon nationalisation of the railways in 1948, to the Western Region of British Railways. Under British Rail sectorisation from the 1980s until railway privatisation, Ammanford station was served by Regional Railways. The st
Amenities at the station are basic, with no ticket provision of any kind. As well as the aforementioned shelter and a bicycle rack, there is a customer help point at the station entrance and a digital CIS display to provide real-time train running information.
- Early history
- The ministry of T,F. Williams, 1867-1907
- The ministry of John Griffiths, 1908-1925
- Later history
Ebenezer is a Baptist chapel in Ammanford, Carmarthenshire. Services at Ebenezer are conducted in the Welsh language.
The chapel was founded in 1849 by baptists who previously worshipped at neighbouring Llandyfan and Saron. The earliest meetings are said to have taken place in a house in Field Street, with thirteen members in the first instance. The following year, a new chapel which was named Ebenezer was built near Quay Street adjacent to a property known as Primrose Cottage. Primrose Cottage was subsequently acquired by the chapel and served as the chapel caretaker's residence until it was demolished in the
In 1867, the Rev T.F. Williams commenced his long ministry at Ebenezer. The pastorate included Saron, Llandybie, until 1891 but thereafter Williams restricted his ministry to Ebenezer alone. At the start of Williams's ministry there were around fifty members but by the time of his retirement in 1907 the membership numbered 670. During these decades the population grew rapidly as Cross Inn, renamed Ammanford in the 1880s, became a major centre of the anthracite coal trade. The chapel building pro
John Griffiths was inducted as minister of Ebenezer in 1908, having previously served at Ponciau near Wrexham. At that time, Ebenezer had around 600 members. In 1919, Griffiths was elected to represent Ammanford on Carmarthenshire County Council as a Progressive candidate, comfortably defeating a Labour candidate. A few months later, however, Griffiths resigned his pastorate to move to Llandudno. Within a few weeks, however, Griffiths reversed his decision and returned to Ammanford. He left for
Griffiths was succeeded in 1927 by R.T. Evans, who came to Ammanford from Newport, Pembrokeshire. Evans was minister for seven years before being appointed Secretary of the Welsh Baptist Union in 1934. On his retirement from that role twenty five years later, Evans was elevated to the presidency of the union and the annual meeting of the Union was held at Ebenezer, his former church, in 1959. The poet E. Llwyd Williams was minister of Ebenezer from 1936 until his early death in 1960. Williams wo
- Lloyd Street, Ammanford
Ammanford (velšsky Rhydaman) je město v hrabství Carmarthenshire ve Walesu ve Spojeném království. Jeho partnerským městem je Breuillet ve Francii. V roce 2001 zde žilo 5 299 obyvatel. Externí odkazy. Obrázky, zvuky či videa k tématu Ammanford na Wikimedia Commons