fastquicksearch.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month
Banská Bystrica (Slovak pronunciation: [ˈbanskaː ˈbistritsa] (listen), also known by other alternative names) is a city in central Slovakia located on the Hron River in a long and wide valley encircled by the mountain chains of the Low Tatras, the Veľká Fatra, and the Kremnica Mountains.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banská_Bystrica
People also ask
What is the population of Banska Slovakia?
Where is Banska Nova Scotia?
Where is Banska bystria located?
When was banskac Bystrica established?
Banská Bystrica (Slovak pronunciation: [ˈbanskaː ˈbistritsa] (listen), also known by other alternative names) is a city in central Slovakia located on the Hron River in a long and wide valley encircled by the mountain chains of the Low Tatras, the Veľká Fatra, and the Kremnica Mountains.
Things to Do in Banska Bystrica, Slovakia: See Tripadvisor's 3,292 traveler reviews and photos of Banska Bystrica tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in April. We have reviews of the best places to see in Banska Bystrica. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
BANSKÁ BYSTRICA ranks at the sixth position among the towns of Slovakia in terms of size. It is the cultural and economic centre of central Slovakia and seat of some institutions with nation-wide competencies. BANSKÁ BYSTRICA (population 81,281) lies in the north-west of the region of Banská Bystrica and the westernmost edge of Horehronie.
Banska Bystrica Tourism: Tripadvisor has 3,292 reviews of Banska Bystrica Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Banska Bystrica resource.
In Kalvária Banská Štiavnica there is a complex of churches and chapels situated near Ostry vrch which was built in the eighteenth century by Jesuits. Demographics. Banská Štiavnica has a population of 10,674 (as of December 31, 2005). According to the 2001 census, 93.9% of inhabitants were Slovaks and 2% Romani people.
- Administrative division
The Banská Bystrica Region is one of the eight regions of Slovakia. It is the largest region by area, and has a lower population density than any other region. The Banská Bystrica region was established in 1923; its borders were last adjusted in 1996. Banská Bystrica consists of 514 municipalities, 24 of which have town status. Its administrative center is the eponymous town of Banská Bystrica, which is also the region's largest town. Other important towns are Zvolen and Brezno.
It is located in the central part of Slovakia and has an area of 9,455 km2. The region is prevailingly mountainous, with several ranges within the area. The highest of them are the Low Tatras in the north, where the highest point, Ďumbier, is located. Some of the mountain ranges in the west include Kremnica Mountains, Vtáčnik and Štiavnica Mountains. The Javorie and Krupina Plain ranges are located in the centre. The Slovak Ore Mountains are running from the central areas to the east ...
The population density in the region is 69.32 inhabitants per km2, which is the lowest of all Slovak regions and much lower than the country's average. The largest towns are Banská Bystrica, Zvolen, Lučenec and Rimavská Sobota. According to the 2014 census, there were 655,359 inhabitants in the region, with a majority of Slovaks, but there is a substantial Hungarian minority along the border with Hungary, as well as smaller minorities of Roma and Czechs.
The Banská Bystrica Region consists of 13 districts. There are 513 municipalities, of which 24 are towns, where the 56% of the region's population live.
- Names and etymology
- Genealogical resources
Banská Belá is a village and municipality in Banská Štiavnica District, in the Banská Bystrica Region of central Slovakia. It has a population of 1,234.
The settlements got its name after the creek Biela, in Slovak "white". The village founded on the creek was named Bana, later Biela Bana to distinguish between Banská Belá and Banská Štiavnica which was called also Bana. The Hungarian name Feyerbanya and its variations are translations of the Slovak name. The origin of the German name Dill is uncertain. The first written mention is probably terra nomine bela, older sources mention also an unreliable record terra banensium.
The village arose by separation from Banská Štiavnica, but it was part of Banská Štiavnica again from 1873 to 1954. In 1331, King Béla IV invited German miners from Banská Štiavnica and the village got the German name Dilln. The village suffered from Turkish raids during the Ottoman wars.
The records for genealogical research are available at the state archive "Statny Archiv in Banska Bystrica, Slovakia" 1. Roman Catholic church records: 1688-1895 2. Lutheran church records: 1678-1905
Oct 17, 2019 · Location of Banská Štiavnica in Banska Bystrica, Slovakia. Map from Maphill. Like many of the world’s great deposits, mineralization at Banská Štiavnica is the result of interactions between magmatic and hydrothermal systems.
- History and reconstructions
Calvary Banská Štiavnica is a late-Baroque calvary, architectural and landscape unit in Slovakia, unique in extent and content, formed in the years 1744–1751.
Calvary Banská Štiavnica is the most important Baroque calvary in Slovakia and in the whole former Kingdom of Hungary – probably even in the whole of Europe. This calvary is a complex of 3 churches and 22 chapels with precious painting decorations, furnished by wooden and blacksmith movables and wooden painted reliefs. All buildings of churches and chapels are set into the western side of a solid lava column in the middle of an ancient volcano – a hill named Scharffenberg. The work ...
Around 1740, medieval city Schemnitz, Kingdom of Hungary intended to form a standard Calvary with fourteen stations in the eastern part of the city – under a hill named Ostrý vrch. However, only two chapels still remain standing. The Jesuit Father Francis Perger proposed to the City Hall a project of magnificent Calvary comprising three churches and 22 chapels, probably based on the architectural design of major historian, cartographer and architect Samuel Mikoviny. The owners of the ...
In 1894, some chapels have been repaired and restored by the architect Mr. William J. Groszmann and carver Mr. Krause from Banská Štiavnica. Serious damages to Calvary complex were caused during WW II. in 1945 when the Red army pushed fascist troops out from the city. Efforts to reconstruct Calvary began after 1953, when chaplain Emil Scheimer, a native of Banska Hodruša, later canon of Topoľčianky, started to mobilise the reconstruction works in person. The largest maintenance ...
booking.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month
fastquicksearch.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month
findinfoonline.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month