Frankfurt, officially Frankfurt am Main (German: [ˈfʁaŋkfʊʁt ʔam ˈmaɪn] ; Hessian: Frangford am Maa, lit. "Frank ford on the Main"), is a metropolis and the largest city in the German state of Hesse. Its 763,380 inhabitants as of December 31, 2019 make it the fifth-largest city in Germany.
Before-and-after photos show how the coronavirus pandemic emptied out Europe's famous Christmas markets
Christmas markets are a cherished tradition in Europe, and usually attract millions of visitors every year. But this year, the ongoing coronavirus pandemic has forced countries to cancel or ...
Business Insider via Yahoo News
4 hours ago
- High court to decide whether Nazi art case stays in US courtAssociated Press via Yahoo News24 minutes ago
- Army Hits Back Against False Claim that Soldiers Died in CIA Op to Nab Election ServersMilitary.com via Yahoo News3 days ago
- At least 4 killed after car drives into crowd in GermanyNY Daily News via AOL4 days ago
- Republican lawmaker likens Trump vote-fraud crusade to the search for BigfootYahoo News1 day ago
- Trier: Five killed including baby as car driven into pedestrians in GermanyThe Independent via Yahoo News4 days ago
About Frankfurt There’s plenty to see and do in this 2,000-year-old German city. The gothic Saint Bartholomeus Cathedral is a perseverant structure, having been destroyed and rebuilt twice since its 14th century construction.
Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Frankfurt, Germany on Tripadvisor: See 53,909 traveler reviews and photos of Frankfurt tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in December. We have reviews of the best places to see in Frankfurt. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
Frankfurt am Main, English Frankfurt on the Main, city, Hessen Land (state), western Germany. The city lies along the Main River about 19 miles (30 km) upstream from its confluence with the Rhine River at Mainz. Pop. (2011) city, 667,925; (2000 est.) urban agglom., 3,681,000. The Römer, the old town hall, Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
Tourismus+Congress GmbH Kaiserstraße 56 60329 Frankfurt am Main Tel. +49 (0) 69/21 23 88 00 firstname.lastname@example.org
Frankfurt has become “Mainhattan.” Spread along both banks of the Main River (hence its formal name, Frankfurt am Main), the city has always held a special place in German history.
- Römerberg. The Römerberg has been the center of Frankfurt's social and civic life for centuries. This cobblestone square in the old town has been a hub of Frankfurt life since the ninth century.
- Historiches Museum Frankfurt. Due south of the square is the Historiches Museum Frankfurt. It's highlighted by the permanent collection, "Collectors and Donors of Frankfurt," which features the private art and artifact collections of a dozen well-known Frankfurters.
- Alte Oper. Would you believe this beauty was nearly wiped out in World War II? Frankfurt's old opera isn't nearly as ancient as it looks. The handsome neoclassical structure was heavily damaged during World War II and was only rebuilt in the 1980s after a public outcry saved it from demolition.
- Frankfurt Zoological Gardens. One of Europe's oldest zoos (1858), Frankfurt Zoological Gardens is also one of its largest and most prestigious, with more than 4,500 animals from 450 species.
Frankfurt, known also as Frankfurt-am-Maine, is a large city in the west central Germany. It has a really large metropolitan area and is among the top 10 most populous cities in the country.
Tranio: find houses for sale in Frankfurt am Main, cottages, bungalows and mansions. Our prices come straight from developers, property owners and local agencies. Buy and sell homes and villas in Frankfurt am Main without the hassle. Get property advice, the latest real estate news and expert opinions.
Feel-Good results for Frankfurt Germany