Jun 22, 2020 · At Great Falls, the Potomac River builds up speed and force as it falls over a series of steep, jagged rocks and flows through the narrow Mather Gorge. The Patowmack Canal offers a glimpse into the early history of this country.
Great Falls is a census-designated place (CDP) in Fairfax County, Virginia, United States. The population as of the 2010 census was 15,427, an increase of 80.5% from the 2000 census. CNNMoney ranked Great Falls first in the nation on its list of "top earning towns" in 2011.
Great Falls Tourism: Tripadvisor has 2,213 reviews of Great Falls Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Great Falls resource.
- Exquisite Sprawling Chateau in Great Falls, Virginia | Sotheby's International Realtyyoutube.com
- FOR SALE: 1037 Aziza Court Great Falls VA 22066youtube.com
- Great Falls Park - Virginia, USAyoutube.com
- Impressive Stately Manor in Great Falls, Virginia | Sotheby's International Realtyyoutube.com
Great Falls Park is a great place to go for a day trip and escape the hustle and bustle of the city! Only 15 miles away from D.C., Great Falls makes a great location to visit for locals and tourist al... Great Falls Park is an interesting mix of nature and history.
- 9200 Old Dominion Dr, McLean, 22102-1019, Virginia
925 Springvale Road Great Falls, VA 22066 Dante Ristorante 1148 Walker Road Great Falls, VA 22066
The Great Falls Loop begins immediately west of our nation’s capitol, along the brackish waters of the Potomac River.
People also ask
How far is Great Falls from Richmond VA?
What are the best waterfalls to visit in Virginia?
Where are the waterfalls in Virginia?
Is Great Falls National Park open?
- See Dramatic Waterfalls at the Great Falls of the Potomac. There are three waterfall overlooks on the Virginia side of Great Falls Park. Visitors get easy access to stunning views of the falls from several angles, and the view changes dramatically with the seasons and water levels.
- Explore Great Falls Hiking Trails. Great Falls Park hiking trails cover 15 miles of the park on a mix of dirt and rock surfaces. The best Great Falls trails navigate the river-side cliffs and historic areas of the park.
- Enjoy Dramatic Views of Mather Gorge. Head to the Mather Gorge plaque for an excellent view of the gorge in both directions. You can reach the plaque via the River Trail or follow the more level Patowmack Canal Trail.
- Learn About Great Falls Park VA at the Visitor Center. Stop in the Visitor Center for some background on the geology, history, and nature of Great Falls Park.
Oct 16, 2019 · A t Great Falls, the Potomac River builds up speed and force as it falls over a series of steep, jagged rocks and flows through the narrow Mather Gorge. The Patowmack Canal offers a glimpse into the early history of this country.
Wonderfully scenic trail at Great Falls Park, Virginia. This figure-8 hike encompasses the narrow, rocky River Trail south from the Great Falls Visitor Center and loops around. The terrain is mostly flat with some rolling hills.
Jul 29, 2020 · Great Falls Park Motorcycle Permit: $15.00 Admits one single private motorcycle and its passengers. Individuals 15 years of age and younger are admitted free of charge. Also valid for entrance into the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park. Great Falls Park Individual Permit: $10.00