The Lobkowicz Palace (Czech: Lobkowický palác) is a part of the Prague Castle complex in Prague, Czech Republic. It is the only privately owned building in the Prague Castle complex and houses the Lobkowicz Collections and Museum.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobkowicz_Palace
The Lobkowicz Palace (Czech: Lobkowický palác) is a part of the Prague Castle complex in Prague, Czech Republic. It is the only privately owned building in the Prague Castle complex and houses the Lobkowicz Collections and Museum.
- The Lobkowicz Collections
- Jaroslav of Pernstejn (1528–1569)
- 25 April 1550
- Prague, Czech Republic
People also ask
Where is lobkowicz palace?
When did lobkowicz palace museum open?
Who was responsible for the palace of the palace?
When did lobkowicz family return to the ownership of the palace?
Lobkowicz Palace at Prague Castle This 16th-century palace boasts a breathtaking panoramic view that enhances the unique, cultural experiences housed within: The Collections and museum, classical music concerts, café, gift shop, and elegant event rooms.
Although most museums and exhibitions in the Czech Republic reopened on December 3, the Prague Castle remains closed. For this reason, the Lobkowicz Palace Museum and Lobkowicz Palace Café remain closed as well until further notice. Thank you for your understanding and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Lobkowicz Palace, neighbouring the former Institute for Noblewomen, can be found at the very end of the Prague Castle complex. The construction of the palace was initiated in the early 16th century by Wolf Krajíř of Krajk, and completed by the noble House of Pernštejn. However, it only became the property of the Lobkowicz Family […]
Owned by the Lobkowicz noble family, this is the only privately-owned part of Prague Castle. The 16th-century palace holds treasures, such as works by masters like Canaletto, Pieter Bruegel the...
The palace has been home to the aristocratic Lobkowicz family for around 400 years. Confiscated by the Nazis in WWII, and again by the communists in 1948, the palace was finally returned in 2002 to William Lobkowicz, an American property developer and grandson of Maximilian, the 10th Prince Lobkowicz, who fled to the US in 1939.
- Jiřská 3, Prague, Central Europe
- 233 312 925
This small museum located within the Prague Castle complex was a complete surprise in the best possible way. The admission includes an audio guide narrated by the American branch of the Lobkowicz family - personal stories really make the collections come alive. Who hasn't wanted to go into a castle and see really rich people's awesome stuff?
- Lobkowicz Palace Museum. Probably the main attraction of the Lobkowicz Palace is its museum. It includes the oldest and largest private collection of art and architecture in the Czech Republic.
- Lobkowicz Palace Café Restaurant. In case you get hungry or just want to enjoy a great coffee, we definitely recommend visiting the Lobkowicz Palace Café located on the ground floor.
- Daily Classical Concerts at Lobkowicz Palace. Everyday starting from 1 pm you can enjoy a 60-minute concert of classical music. The concert is held in the baroque concert hall in the Lobkowicz Palace, which dates back to the 17th century.
- Location, Map, Opening Hours, Tour Tickets & Entrance Fee. The Lobkowicz Palace’s address is Prague Castle complex, Jiřská 3, Prague 1. It is located right next to the Institute of Noblewomen in the Rosenberg Palace.
Sep 04, 2020 · LobkowiczPalace, Other at Lobkowicz Palace Cafe, responded to this review Responded March 7, 2020 Morning is the best time to visit the Prague Castle complex. You can enjoy the quiet time in the center of Prague. Thank you very much for very nice pictures you posted and all your kind words.
- Jirska 3 Prague Castle, 119 00, Bohemia
- +420 724 061 346