From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Ogden / ˈɒɡdən / is a city and the county seat of Weber County, Utah, United States, approximately 10 miles (16 km) east of the Great Salt Lake and 40 miles (64 km) north of Salt Lake City. The population was 87,773 in 2019, according to the US Census Bureau, making it Utah's seventh largest city.
Originally named Fort Buenaventura, Ogden was the first...
Ogden is located at 41°13′11″N 111°58′16″W / 41.2196°N...
As of the census of 2010, there were 82,825 people living in...
Ogden, Utah is a city in Weber County, Utah, USA with a population of 82,865 from 2008 estimates. The mayor of Ogden is Mike Caldwell. Ogden was originally named Fort Buenaventura. Fort Buenaventura was the first permanent settlement by people whose families came from Europe in the area now known as Utah.
People also ask
Is Ogden Utah in a dry county?
What are the best neighborhoods in Ogden Utah?
How far is Ogden from Utah?
Zu einer ausführlichen Bibliographie vgl. das vom Utah Federal Writers' Project der Works Progress Administration veröffentlichte Werk: A partial bibliography of source material on Weber County and Ogden City, Utah (Ogden, Utah: Ogden Historical Society, 1938), sowie Don Strack: Ogden Rails Bibliography (auf utahrails.net, 2000–2019).
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Ogden Valley is a high mountain valley in Weber County, Utah, United States. The population was 6,855 at the 2010 census. Planning in the valley is managed by a special county-level planning division, the Ogden Valley Planning Commission.
- Railroad Museum
- Rolling Stock
Union Station, also known as Ogden Union Station, is a train station in Ogden, Utah, at the west end of Historic 25th Street, just south of the Ogden Intermodal Transit Center. Formerly the junction of the Union Pacific and Central Pacific Railroads, its name reflects the common appellation of train stations whose tracks and facilities are shared by railway companies. No longer a railway hub, the building remains a cultural hub: it houses the Utah State Railroad Museum, the Spencer S. Eccles Rai
On March 8, 1869, Union Pacific laid tracks through Ogden on its way to Promontory Summit to meet the Central Pacific and complete the transcontinental rail line. Four cities near this location, Corinne, Promontory, Uintah, and Ogden, competed with each other for the opportunity to house the train station that would be the junction for railroad travel in the Intermountain West. Promontory and Uintah lacked the necessary resources to house the Station. Corinne and Ogden competed for many years fo
This building was constructed in 1929 to serve the needs of the United States Postal Department. It is located directly north of the Union Station building. In 1950 a flat-roofed addition was constructed on the east and was used to sort mail. The Railway Post office closed in the
The Trainmen's Building is the northernmost structure on the Union Station grounds. It was constructed of red brick some time between 1903 and 1923 and predates the current station building. It served as the Railway Post Office until 1929 when the Mail Terminal Annex was construc
The passenger shelter along tracks 1 and 2 is the only remaining canopy of a series of five. The other four canopies were demolished in April 1969. It was built in 1928 to Southern Pacific plans and is similar to canopies at the Sacramento Station in California, and is 23 feet wi
The Spencer S. & Dolores Doré Eccles Rail Center is a collection of prototype equipment from various railroads in the west, most notably Union Pacific. It occupies the spot where the Ogden Union Railway & Depot Co. Commissary Building once stood. It houses several ...
A former ATSF ALCO RSD-15 built in 1959, it served on the Santa Fe railway until being sold to the Utah Railway in 1977, it was retired and donated to the museum in 1989. U.S. Army 1216 USAX 1216 is a 44-ton Davenport Locomotive Works switcher that was originally used at the Tooe
The Specially designed flatcar that was used by Union Pacific to transport the Olympic flame as part of the 2002 Winter Olympics torch relay is displayed at the museum, UP donated the car to the museum after the conclusion of the 2002 Winter Olympics
One of at least 100 special passenger coaches that were retrofitted by the US Army for use as a hospital car to transport wounded soldiers during World War II, the car was acquired by the museum in 2001 and was restored to its original condition. In 2003 the restored interior of
A former passenger coach that was specially painted by the Union Pacific for use as a display car in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the driving of the Golden spike in May 1969, the car currently sits on static display with badly faded paint.
- Federal Representation
North Ogden is a city in Weber County, Utah, United States. The population was 17,357 at the 2010 census. North Ogden is on SR-235, three miles north of Ogden. It is a suburb of that city and is part of the Ogden-Clearfield, Utah Metropolitan Statistical Area.
North Ogden was originally settled during the winter of 1850 by two sets of cattle ranchers from Ogden. The Campbells and the Riddles had been warned by Brigham Young not to venture from the fort in Ogden due to the troubles with the local Shoshone. After a few months wintering their cattle, they were forced to return to Ogden in fear of Shoshone reprisals. The following year, after the trouble with the Shoshone had been partially settled, Jonathan Campbell returned with a number of other famili
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 6.5 square miles, all land. North Ogden is situated at the base of Ben Lomond Peak, a prominent mountain on the Wasatch Front, visible from the Salt Lake Airport.
North Ogden is located in Utah's First Congressional District For the 116th United States Congress, Utah's First Congressional District is represented by Rob Bishop
- Other structures
The Ogden Utah Temple is the sixteenth constructed and fourteenth operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Located in Ogden, Utah, it was originally built with a modern, single-spire design very similar to the Provo Utah Temple. During a renovation completed in 2014, the exterior and interior were extensively changed. Ogden Utah Temple Number 14 edit data Dedicated January 18, 1972 by Joseph Fielding Smith Site 18.3 acres Floor area 115,000 sq ft Height 180 ft Precede
The temples in Ogden and Provo were planned due to overcrowding in the Salt Lake, Manti, and Logan temples. The Ogden Temple serves more than 135,000 members. The intention to construct a temple in Ogden was announced by the church on August 24, 1967. On September 7, 1970, a cornerstone laying ceremony was held. The site for the temple is a 10-acre lot called Tabernacle Square that the church had owned since the area was settled. In 1921, church president Heber J. Grant inspected the site as a p
Beginning in 2001 and lasting through much of 2002, both the exterior of the temple and the surrounding grounds underwent significant changes. Weather damage to the exterior of the temple was repaired and the spire, which was originally a yellowish-gold, was painted bright white. A fiberglass statue of the Angel Moroni covered in gold leaf was added to the temple's spire, almost 30 years after the temple was dedicated. The temple grounds received walkways and paths allowing visitors to walk arou
There are a number of other significant buildings located on the same block as the temple. The first building constructed was the Weber Stake Tabernacle on the southeast corner of the block. It was demolished in 1971 in conjunction with the construction of the temple.
- 115,000 sq ft (10,700 m²)
- 18.3 acres (7.4 hectares)
- 180 ft (55 m)
- January 18, 1972 by, Joseph Fielding Smith
USS Ogden (PF-39), commissioned in 1943, and received three battle stars for World War II service; named after Ogden, Utah USS Ogden (LPD-5) , an Austin -class amphibious transport dock; also named after Ogden, Utah
- related to: Ogden, Utah wikipedia