www.spanishdict.com/answers/197615/10-facts-about-the-spanish-language#:~:text=1 With 329 million native speakers, Spanish ranks,the world's most phonetic languages. More items...
- With 329 million native speakers, Spanish ranks as the world's No. ...
- Spanish has at least 3 million native speakers each in 44 countries, making it the fourth mostly geographically widely spoken language behind English (112 countries), French (60) and Arabic (57).
- Spanish is one of the world's most phonetic languages.
People also ask
What are some interesting facts about the Spanish language?
How easy is it to learn Spanish?
Who made Spanish language?
What is the official language of Spanish?
Jan 02, 2019 · Spanish Language Dates to at Least 13th Century . Although there is no clear boundary defining when the Latin of what is now the north-central area of Spain became Spanish, it is safe to say that the language of the Castile region became a distinct language in part because of efforts by King Alfonso in the 13th century to standardize the language for official use.
- Alternate Names & Spellings. Español, Castellano, Castilian are the alternate names of Spanish language.
- Language Family. Indo-European, Italic, Romance, Italo-Western, , Ibero-Romance, West Iberian, Castilian, Western, Gallo-Iberian.
- Official Language. Spanish is the official language of Panama, Uruguay, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Spain, Argentina, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Cuba, Peru, Chile and Equatorial Guinea.
- History. Spanish has an extensive history in the United States (many southern states were part of Mexico and Spain) and it recently has been revived by much immigration from Latin America.
BBC Languages - Learn Spanish in your own time and have fun with Languages of the world. Your fun Spanish language taster. Pick up essential phrases and learn some fascinating facts about the ...
Where is Spanish used? When you think about Spanish speakers, you likely think about Spain and Mexico. But actually, Spanish is the offical language for more than 20 countries — including Cuba, Argentina, Chile, and Nicaragua.
Spanish had a much richer set of sibilants (s-like sounds) than it does now. While contemporary Spanish pretty much just has /s/, before the 16th century, it had /s̪/, /s̺/, /dz̪/, /z̺/, /(d)ʒ/, /tʃ/, /ʃ/, and /ts̪/.
Nov 09, 2020 · Spain is a country located on the Iberian Peninsula in South Western Europe. It is situated in both Northern and Eastern hemispheres of the Earth. Spain is bordered by 5 countries: by Portugal in the west, by France and Andorra in the northeast, by Gibraltar and Morocco (the Spanish territories of Ceuta and Melilla in North Africa), in the south.
Jul 08, 2019 · Spanish, known in Colombia as castellano, is spoken by nearly the entire population and is the only national official language. However, numerous indigenous languages are granted official status locally.
Mar 25, 2020 · Some facts about Spanish galleon ships include that the word "galleon" actually comes from French, the ships were used in the Spanish Armada and they were used to transport gold and silver among the Spanish Empire's colonies.