- Newton is located in Catawba County, positioned in the triangle formed by Asheville to the northwest, Winston-Salem to the northeast, and Charlotte to the southeast, all within an hour-and-a-half drive.
People also ask
What is Newton NC ZIP code?
What cities are near Newton NC?
- Research Facilities
1. North Carolina, Historical Records Survey, Cemetery Inscription Card Index at FamilySearch
1. 1700-1970 - North Carolina, Church Records, 1700-1970 at FamilySearch— index Lutheran 1. Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church, near Startown, N.C. Organized before 1797. Originally located in Lincoln. 2. St. John's Lutheran Church, near Conover, N.C. Organized before 1798. Previously located in Lincoln. 3. St. Paul's Lutheran Church, near Conover, N.C. Organized before 1771. Previously located in Tryon and Lincolncounties. List of Churches and Church Parishes 1. FamilySearch Places
Early migration routes to and from Catawba County for European settlers included: 1. 1.1. Catawba and Northern Trailpre-historic
Family History Centers
Family History Centersprovide one-on-one assistance and free access to premium genealogical websites. In addition, many centers have free how-to genealogy classes. 1. For current information about a center near you, go to the Family History Center Map 1. Hickory North Carolina Family History Center
1. Hickory Public Library WebsiteCatawba County Genealogical Society PO Box 2406 Hickory, NC 28603-2406 WebsiteCatawba County Historical Association PO Box 73 Newton, NC 28658 WebsiteUSGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.Catawba County NCGenweb Project, a member of The NCGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.FamilySearch Catalog – The FamilySearch catalog contains descriptions and access information for all genealogical materials (including books, online materials, microfilm, microfiche, and publicatio...
The area is located along the Catawba River and contains many miles of Lake Norman shoreline. Bordered by Highway 150 and Highway 16, this part of the County is just north of Lincoln County and across the lake from the City of Mooresville in Iredell County.
Best Places to Live in Newton, North Carolina Small-town complex - Western North Carolina half way between Winston-Salem and Asheville September, May and October are the most pleasant months in Newton , while January and December are the least comfortable months
- Allen Wood Law Offices - Allen W Wood III. Real Estate Attorneys General Practice Attorneys Bankruptcy Law Attorneys 36 YEARS. IN BUSINESS 2 WITH. Website Directions.
- Sigmon & Isenhower. Real Estate Attorneys Transportation Law Attorneys Elder Law Attorneys. (2) 5 YEARS. WITH. Website Directions. (828) 464-0101. 26 W A St. Newton, NC 28658.
- Carteret Title. Real Estate Attorneys Insurance Title Companies. (22) BBB Rating: A+ 19 YEARS. IN BUSINESS 3 WITH. Website. (833) 238-6995. Serving the. Newton Area.
- The Williams Law Firm. Real Estate Attorneys Management Consultants Business Law Attorneys 16 YEARS. IN BUSINESS 1 WITH. Website Directions. (828) 358-0142.
Sanford was named for C.O. Sanford, a railroad civil engineer instrumental in the building of the rail lines through the area that formed the foundation of what became the city of Sanford. Sanford is located in Lee County, North Carolina , which was formed from parts of the surrounding three counties in 1907.
Tryon is a town in Polk County, North Carolina, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 1,646. Located in the escarpment of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the affluent area is a center for outdoor pursuits, equestrian activity and fine arts.
- related to: Where is Newton NC located?
tripadvisor.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month