- 1. a movement or series of moves requiring skill and care: "spectacular jumps and other daring maneuvers"
- 2. a large-scale military exercise of troops, warships, and other forces: "the Russian vessel was on maneuvers"
- 1. move skillfully or carefully: "the truck was unable to maneuver comfortably in the narrow street"
- 2. carefully guide or manipulate (someone or something) in order to achieve an end: "they were maneuvering him into a betrayal of his countryman"
1 a : a statement of the meaning of a word or word group or a sign or symbol dictionary definitions b : a statement expressing the essential nature of something c : a product of defining 2 : the action or process of stating the meaning of a word or word group 3 a : the action or the power of describing, explaining, or making definite and clear
1. a. To state the precise meaning of (a word or sense of a word, for example). b. To describe the nature or basic qualities of; explain: define the properties of a new drug; a study that defines people according to their median incomes. 2. a. To make clear the outline or form of; delineate: gentle hills that were defined against the sky. b.
Likewise, anything you can describe completely is something you can define. The early French and Latin roots of the verb mean something closer to "to limit" or "to create a boundary," but this is really what we do when we define something: we limit its meaning to something specific. So when you're thinking about the word define, remember that you're looking to create a boundary of meaning around it, whether you're specifying the meaning of a word or a larger concept.
See definition of define on Dictionary.com verb give description verb delimit, outline synonyms for define Compare Synonyms characterize construe decide delineate describe designate detail determine exemplify explain illustrate interpret prescribe represent specify spell out ascertain assign denominate denote dub elucidate entitle etch expound
Aug 3, 2021 · The #define creates a macro, which is the association of an identifier or parameterized identifier with a token string. After the macro is defined, the compiler can substitute the token string for each occurrence of the identifier in the source file. Syntax. #define identifier token-string opt #define identifier (identifier opt,...
As you can see, no #define left, only the code it expanded into. Share. Follow edited Jun 28, 2011 at 12:11. community wiki 2 revs sharkin. Add a comment | 3 According to Wikipedia. Token concatenation, also called token pasting, is one of the most subtle — and easy to abuse — features of the C macro preprocessor. Two arguments can be ...
define verb [ T ] uk / dɪˈfaɪn / us to say what the meaning of something, especially a word, is: Economists normally define a recession as two successive quarters of negative growth. to explain and state the meaning and exact limits of something: a defined goal / objective