- 1. gone by in time and no longer existing: "the danger is now past" Similar
- 1. the time or a period of time before the moment of speaking or writing: "she found it hard to make ends meet in the past"
- 2. a past tense or form of a verb: "a simple past of the first conjugation"
- 1. to or on the further side of: "he rode on past the crossroads"
- 2. beyond in time; later than: "by this time it was past 3.30" Similar
- 1. so as to pass from one side of something to the other: "large angelfish swim slowly past"
- 2. used to indicate the lapse of time: "a week went past and nothing changed"
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries