Kłodzko (tuż po wojnie Kładzko, łac. Glacium, Glacensis urbs, Glocium, niem. Glatz, dial. Glooz, cz. Kladsko) – miasto w województwie dolnośląskim, siedziba powiatu kłodzkiego i gminy wiejskiej Kłodzko. Według danych GUS z 31 grudnia 2019 r. miasto miało 26 742 mieszkańców
Kłodzko County (Polish: powiat kłodzki) is a unit of territorial administration and local government (powiat) in Lower Silesian Voivodeship, south-western Poland. It came into being on 1 January 1999 as a result of the Polish local government reforms passed in 1998.
Kłodzko Land is a historical region in southwestern Poland. The subject of Czech-Polish rivalry in the High Middle Ages, it became a Bohemian domain since the 12th century, although with periods of rule of the Polish Piast dynasty in the Late Middle Ages. It was raised to the County of Kladsko in 1459 and was conquered by Prussia in the First Silesian War of 1740-42 and incorporated into the Province of Silesia by 1818. After World War II it fell to the Republic of Poland according to the...
Kłodzko Land, with an approximate area of 1,640 km2 consists of the Kłodzko Valley, a basin surrounded by several Mittelgebirge ranges of the Central and Eastern Sudetes: the Owl Mountains and Golden Mountains in the east, the Śnieżnik Mountains in the south, the Bystrzyckie Mountains and Orlické Mountains in the west, and the Stołowe Mountains in the northwest. With its natural boundaries, the valley forms a significant jut into the neighbouring Czech area in the southeast. It is ...
Historically, the area may have been part of the Great Moravia under King Svatopluk I by the late 9th century, though the extent of his realm is disputed. According to the Chronica Boëmorum by the Prague dean Cosmas, the provincia glacensis belonged to the dominions of the Bohemian nobleman Slavník, residing at the castle of Kłodzko on the road from Prague to Wrocław in Silesia until his death in 981 AD. The Slavník dynasty, among them Prince Slavník's heir Soběslav and his brother ...
The region is currently inhabited by around 160,000 people. There are 11 towns in the region. The largest is the historical capital, Kłodzko.
Kłodzko Fortress is a unique fortification complex of the Lower Silesian Voivodeship in southwestern Poland. The fortress once was one of the biggest strongholds in Prussian Silesia, however, in the whole German Empire, it was regarded as a minor one. Now, together with an extensive network of tunnels, it is one of the biggest attractions of the town of Kłodzko, with its underground labyrinth and a repository of different objects, from old fire engines to local glassware.
A stronghold on Kłodzko's Castle Hill was mentioned for the first time in the Chronicle of Bohemians, written by Cosmas of Prague. Most probably, it was a complex of wooden buildings, protected with a palisade. Kłodzko itself is located along the strategic route between Wrocław and Prague, and its role as a trading point must have been significant since the early Middle Ages. In 1114, the stronghold was captured and destroyed by Bohemian troops under prince Soběslav, who at the same ...
In 1945, the stronghold together with the city became part of Poland. The Kłodzko Fortress, its current name, looks like it did 200 years ago with little changes, and it is one of the main tourist attractions of the city. Between May and October, it is open from 9:00 to 19:00 and in the winter, it is open from 9:00 to 16:00. From its top, there are views of the Kłodzko Valley. It is also possible to visit the cellars, with a labyrinth of underground corridors, excavated in the 19th ...
People also ask
Where is the town of Kłodzko in Poland?
Where was the Kłodzko Valley in World War 1?
When did Kłodzko become a part of Bohemia?
Where is Klodzko Valley?
The Kłodzko Valley (Polish: Kotlina Kłodzka, Czech: Kladská kotlina, German: Glatzer Kessel) is a cirque of the Sudetes mountain range that covers the central part of Kłodzko County in south-western Poland, with the southern tip extending to the Czech Republic around the town of Králíky.
- Synagogue Revival
- Commemorative plaque
The Synagogue of Kłodzko was located in Kłodzko, in Kłodzko County in Lower Silesia, Poland. The synagogue was built 1884–1885 on the Grünestraße, now Wojska Polskiego Street, but was destroyed in 1938 during the Nazi Kristallnacht anti-Jewish pogrom.
The synagogue was built on the initiative of the Progressive Jews, according to the plans of architect Albert Grau of Breslau, a student of Georg Gottlob Ungewitter, in the style of the Neo-Moorish and Brick-neo-Gothic. From 1742 Kłodzko was part of the Kingdom of Prussia, then Germany, until Silesia became Polish under border changes promulgated at the 1945 Potsdam Conference. During the November Pogrom, termed "Kristallnacht" in German Nazi propaganda, the synagogue was destroyed in an ...
Reinhard Schindler, a former Glatz citizen, developed the idea of having a memorial stone placed for the synagogue. The memorial stone was erected in 1995 with an anodised aluminum plaque in Polish, Hebrew and German commemorating the destroyed synagogue. The inscription reads: Here stood the Glatz synagogue, desecrated and burned by the Nazis in the Pogrom Night of November 9, 1938. Former German and current Polish citizens in 1995 – 50 years after the end of the war.
In the years 2015–2016, the German sculptor Gerhard Roese of Darmstadt created a sculpture of the synagogue made of cast aluminium weighing approx. 100 kilograms. The collected materials, plans and sketches, together with photos and a description of the burning of the temple, was published as a book by Roese under the title: Decalogue on Fire. The artistic work under the same title includes the sculpture of the synagogue, a sculpture of the Ten Commandments above the portal, and a ...
On the anniversary of the Reichsprogromnacht, also Kristallnacht on November 8, 2018, the Muzem Ziemi Kłodzkiej w Kłodzku, together with the sculptor from Darmstadt and the Polish activists Michał Cyprys, Henryk Grzybowski, Mieczysław Kowalcze and Grzegorz Sadowski, hosted an event commemorating the terror of 80 years ago and the former Jewish community under the motto Synagoga Reviva. Gerhard Roese talked about his idea and implementation of the sculpture model of the synagogue.
On January 26, 2019, a commemorative plaque with content in three languages was stolen from its stone. On March 22, 2019, a new stone tablet financed from contributions from the community of Kłodzko and former German residents was unveiled.
Kłodzko ma Alsó-Szilézia egyik legfontosabb központja a kultúrának, kereskedelemnek és az idegenforgalomnak. Nevezetességek [ szerkesztés ] Erőd - egy magas sziklán álló erőd, kilátással a városra.
Kłodzko är en gammal befäst stad och det gamla slottet Glatz var under trettioåriga kriget utsatt för flera belägringar (även av svenskarna) och togs 1742 av preussarna, varefter befästningarna förstärktes. 1760 överrumplades Glatz av Laudon, och 1807 försvarades Glatz med framgång av greve Götzen mot bajrare och württembergare.