Yahoo Web Search

  1. About 20,100 search results
  1. en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Malá_StranaMalá Strana - Wikipedia

    Malá Strana was founded by the King Ottokar II of Bohemia in 1257. As a royal town (a town founded by the king) it got many privileges. It was created by amalgamating a number of settlements beneath the Prague Castle into a single administrative unit.

  2. Malá Strana (původně Nové Město - latinsky Nova civitas sub castro Pragensi do založení dnešního Nového Města a později Menší Město pražské, německy Kleinseite) byla do roku 1784 samostatným městem, do roku 1949 městským obvodem Praha III, nyní je to jen městská čtvrť a katastrální území v centru Prahy na levém břehu Vltavy.

  3. For more guidance, see Wikipedia:Translation. The Malá Strana Bridge Tower ( Czech: Malostranská mostecká věž) is located in Prague, Czech Republic. The tower serves as the entrance to Malá Strana from the Charles Bridge .

    • Czech Republic
    • Tower
  4. Malá Strana (pôvodne Menšie mesto Pražské) je historické mesto, mestská štvrť a katastrálne územie rozkladajúce sa v centre Prahy na ľavom brehu Vltavy. Je to jedna z najstarších a najpôsobivejších častí Prahy. Malostranské katastrálne územie má rozlohu 137,28 ha a z 96% sa nachádza na území mestskej časti Praha 1 ...

  5. Coordinates: 50°05′18″N 14°24′09″E  / . 50.0883°N 14.4025°E. / 50.0883; 14.4025. The Holy Trinity Column is installed in Malá Strana, Prague, Czech Republic.

    • Prague, Czech Republic
    • Overview
    • History
    • Decoration
    • Present day

    The Church of Saint Nicholas is a Baroque church in the Lesser Town of Prague. It was built between 1704-1755 on the site where formerly a Gothic church from the 13th century stood, which was also dedicated to Saint Nicholas. It has been described as the greatest example of Prague Baroque.

    The original Gothic Parish church of Saint Nicholas which dated from the 13th century, stood on the site of the present church. Sometime after 1620, it was given to the Jesuits, and the parish transferred to St. Václav’s Church. In 1628, they opened a primary school and a junior secondary school. In the second half of the 17th century the Jesuits decided to build a new church designed by Giovanni Domenico Orsi. A partial impression of the original planned appearance of the church is ...

    It has been described as "the most impressive example of Prague Baroque" and "without doubt the greatest Baroque church in Prague and the Dientzenhofers' supreme achievement". Interior of the dome On the shield is a sign of the alleged patron of the building Frantisek Karel Count of Kolowrat-Liebsteinsky. The mark of the actual patron Václav Count of Kolowrat-Liebsteinsky on the facade of the temple is not found. He was so humble that he did not want his name to be associated with the building,

    The parish church celebrates a weekly mass every Sunday at 8.30pm. Organ and church music concerts are held daily April to October.

  6. Pages in category "Malá Strana" The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total. This list may not reflect recent changes ().

  1. People also search for