Official architecture blog of the Sagrada Família. Here you can follow the progress on Gaudí's masterpiece, which is expected to be completed in 2026, and learn about all the details. Official architecture blog of the Sagrada Família.
Sagrada Família is only responsible for tickets purchased on...
- Virtual Visit
Take a virtual visit of the Sagrada Família. Experience the...
Contact - Sagrada Família - Official ticket vendors -...
- Worship at The Basilica
praying at the sagrada famÍlia Due to measures to prevent...
- Saint Joseph, Noteworthy Presence on The Nativity Façade
The feast of Saint Joseph is an important day for the...
Throughout the year, the Basilica of the Sagrada Família...
The Basílica de la Sagrada Família (Catalan: [bəˈzilikə ðə lə səˈɣɾaðə fəˈmiljə]; Spanish: Basílica de la Sagrada Familia; 'Basilica of the Holy Family'), also known as the Sagrada Família, is a large unfinished Roman Catholic minor basilica in the Eixample district of Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain.
The Sagrada Família is a one-of-a-kind temple, for its origins, foundation and purpose. Fruit of the work of genius architect Antoni Gaudí, the project was promoted by the people for the people. Five generations now have watched the Temple progress in Barcelona.
The Basilica de la Sagrada Familia, also known as la Sagrada Familia or Gaudi’s Cathedral, is a monumental unfinished Roman Catholic minor basilica located in Barcelona, Spain. Learn about the inspiration and original design of the building. It is a project that began in 1882 and it is still under construction today.
Discover Sagrada Família in Barcelona, Spain: Construction of Barcelona's iconic (but controversial) church is expected to be completed in 2026—a century after the death of its architect.
People also ask
Is Sagrada Familia a must-see?
Is it worth visiting Sagrada Familia?
What kind of religion is la Sagrada Familia?
How much did the Sagrada Familia cost?
Nov 24, 2016 · The Sagrada Família is famous for being one of the most iconic examples of Antoni Gaudí’s unique style, combining elements of Art Nouveau, Catalan Modernism and Spanish Late Gothic design. The theme of nature figures prominently in Gaudí’s design, both in terms of symbolism and the use of organic shapes and forms.
Apart from the Sagrada Família, the most important project of his life, Antoni Gaudí left behind many other one-of-a-kind works, including Park Güell, Casa Vicens and Casa Batlló, the crypt at Colònia Güell (Santa Coloma de Cervelló) and the Episcopal Palace of Astorga and Casa Botines (Castile and León), among others.
Jan 17, 2020 · In 2020, the Sagrada Família Technical Office will be working on the preliminary project for these three elements. 5- PRELIMINARY PROJECT TO BE SUBMITTED FOR THE GLORY FAÇADE. Work began on a new front at the Sagrada Família in 2019: the Baptistery basement, which will be on the side of the Glory façade closest to Carrer de Sardenya.
- It is an architectural icon. The Sagrada Família is the most forceful architectural display representing a very specific, tumultuous time in history: the turn of the 20th century when the western world, and Barcelona, were suddenly transformed.
- It is the only great Temple in the world that is still under construction. Cathedrals have always taken a long time to build, in some cases a very long time: the Cologne Cathedral (Germany) took 632 to finish; the Milan Cathedral, 577 years; and Westminster Abbey, in London, was built in just 500 years.
- It is the masterpiece of a genius. Even though the whole city came out to say goodbye to Gaudí when he died, at that time his work wasn’t much appreciated from an artistic or architectural standpoint.
- It is the perfect combination of tradition and innovation. This duality has been present since Gaudí’s time and explains, for example, how the Temple’s central towers, a huge constructive challenge, can be finished in under five years, while the stone used to make them has the age-old artisan touch of the stonemasons.
- related to: Sagrada Família
booking.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month