Architecturally, Sisimiut is a mix of traditional, single-family houses, and communal housing, with apartment blocks raised in the 1960s during a period of town expansion in Greenland. Sisimiut is still expanding, with the area north of the port, on the shore of the small Kangerluarsunnguaq Bay reserved for a modern suburb-style housing slated ...
These three words cut to the core of Sisimiut’s reputation as an adventure travel hub in Greenland. Up here at the top of the world, there is no chance of running into your neighbor from back home, and the town doesn’t just put on a tough face when others are nearby. Sisimiut maintains its cool, urban character every day of the year.
Sisimiut Tourism: Tripadvisor has 193 reviews of Sisimiut Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Sisimiut resource.
Nov 19, 2016 · Sisimiut is a town in Western Greenland region of Greenland.. Sisimiut is uniquely situated just 40km north of the Arctic Circle, making it the northern most town in Greenland with an ice-free harbor in the winter months and the southern most town where it is possible to dog sled in the winter and spring.
Sisimiut, town on the west-central coast of Greenland, near the mouth of Amerloq Fjord. The Danish settled the site in 1764, and a church (still standing) was built in 1773. The Gammelhuset (Old House), constructed in 1756, served as the residence of the first Danish governor of Greenland.
People also ask
What is Sisimiut, Greenland known for?
Are there Sisimiut Mountains in Greenland?
Is Sisimiut in the Arctic Circle?
What is the largest business center in Greenland?
- Sisimiut Museum. Visiting the Sisimiut Museum, located by the town’s natural harbor, will take you on a journey through the thousands of years of culture and history that surround this harsh and remote environment.
- Taseralik Cultural Centre. The Taseralik Cultural Centre in Sisimiut is a space designed to demonstrate and preserve the cultural legacy of the region.
- Take a City Tour. During the summer months, Sisimiut employs a local bus service to offer city tours to visitors. I highly recommend doing this right after you arrive to get your bearings and really get a feel for the city.
- Go to Qiviut. Located in the heart of Sismiut is a small store that you shouldn’t miss visiting. Qiviut is the Greenlandic word used to describe the inner wool that is retrieved from Muskoxen.
Sisimiut is Greenland’s second-largest town and thus a modern metropolis in Greenlandic optics. The people of Sisimiut have supreme confidence in themselves that makes them proud. There is a good atmosphere in the town for the same reason, and there are plenty of opportunities to walk around the town and have a fun evening, just as Hotel ...
M/tr Sisimiut – The facts 05.07.2019 The new “Sisimiut” is specially designed for fishing the sometimes harsh and ice-filled waters of the North Atlantic and is filled with modern equipment, making it a modern and comfortable workplace for the crew.
Hotel Sisimiut is located at the edge of Sisimiut but within easily walkable distance to the port, museum, and other parts of town, including shops (like Brugseni), the bakery and the Culture Center. And lastly, the folks that work at Hotel Sisimut are very nice, helpful, and proud of what they do, and it shows. Excellent hotel indeed. …
- Aqqusinersuaq 86 PO Box 70, Sisimiut, 3911