Bombshell is an American musical with music and lyrics by Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman based on the original fictitious musical from the first season of the NBC television series Smash. The songs include soulful jazz anthems and upbeat pop songs. Bombshell is the life story of Marilyn Monroe.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombshell_(musical)
May 20, 2020 · Smash — which was a scripted NBC drama series about the creation of Bombshell, a fictional Broadway musical about the life of Marilyn Monroe — was based on an original idea by Steven Spielberg ...
- 3 min
- Robyn Merrett
May 14, 2012 · Directed by Michael Morris. With Debra Messing, Jack Davenport, Katharine McPhee, Christian Borle. Now that Rebecca has decided not to return to "Bombshell", the creative team, beyond the need for Tom and Julia to rewrite the ending which will include one more song, has a major decision: whether to cast Ivy or Karen in the lead role for tonight's preview, the decision which could affect the ...
- 1 min
Bombshell is an American musical with music and lyrics by Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman based on the original fictitious musical from the first season of the NBC television series Smash. The songs include soulful jazz anthems and upbeat pop songs. Bombshell is the life story of Marilyn Monroe.
- Proposed/Reassigned Numbers
Lead Roles 1. Ivy Lynn - Norma Jeane Mortenson / Marilyn Monroe 2. TBA - Joe DiMaggio Supporting Roles 1. Jessica and Sue- Starlets 2. Peter Rini - Arthur Miller 3. Marc Kudisch - Darryl F. Zanuck 4. Simon- President John F. Kennedy 5. Henry Stram - Lee Strasberg 6. Tim Wright - Johnny Hyde 7. TBA - Jim Doughtery 8. Leigh Conroy- Gladys Baker 9. Sophia Caruso - Young Norma Jeane 10. Some Like It Hot Crew: 10.1. Missy Dowse - Underling 10.2. Michael Thomas Holmes - Director 10.3. Matthew Hoste...
1. Karen Cartwright - was to play the role of Marilyn, quit to join Hit List. Replaced by Ivy. 2. Rebecca Duvall- was to play the role of Marilyn, quit after an allergic reaction. Replaced by Karen. 3. Ted - was to play Joe DiMaggio, quit after he was offered a Pilot. Replaced by Michael. 4. Michael Swift- former Joe Dimaggio for Bombshell's workshop and Boston previews. 5. Dennis -former understudy for Joe Dimaggio. 6. Sam Strickland - former Swing and Backup for the ensemble and quit in The...
1. Julia Houston- Book Writer and Lyricist 2. Tom Levitt- Composer and Director 3. Eileen Rand- Producer 4. Derek Wills- Choreographer 5. Linda- Stage Manager 6. Josh - Assistant Choreographer 7. Agnes - Publicist 8. Larry - Accompianist 9. Sabrinia - Set Designer 10. Melissa - Costume Designer 11. Don - Lighting Designer 12. Simon - Wig Master 13. Peter Gilman - Dramaturg 14. Lyle West- Investor
1. Ellis Tancharoen- Personal Assistant to Tom and then Eileen 2. Derek Wills- Director 3. Jerry Rand - Producer
Act I Before she was Marilyn Monroe, she was Norma Jeane. At the top of the show, her first marriage has just ended due to her all consuming drive to be a movie star ("LET ME BE YOUR STAR" - Norma Jeane). As the number finishes, we flash back to the 10-year-old Norma Jeane, who is being dropped off at Grauman's Chinese Theatre by her single mother, Gladys Baker, a mentally-unstable film cutter who uses the courtyard filled with movie stars' foot and hand prints to babysit for her daughter ("AT YOUR FEET" - Gladys, Young Norma Jeane & Tourists). Flash forward to the adult Norma Jeane, who is now an actress often confronted with the casting couch ("SMASH!" - Norma Jeane & Starlets). Norma Jeane changes her name to Marilyn Monroe. But Marilyn pays her bills by modeling. At one photo shoot, she spies a book of Yeats' poetry on the shelf and surprises the photographer with her knowledge of the poet's work as she sings of her history with men ("NEVER GIVE ALL THE HEART" - Marilyn). But ev...
Outer Critics Circle - 10 Nominations
1. Best Musical - Nominated 2. Best Book - Won 3. Best Score - Nominated 4. Best Leading Actress in a Musical - Nominated 5. Best Supporting Actressing a Musical - Nominated 6. Best Supporting Actor in a Musical - Nominated 7. Best Direction - Tied with Hit List 8. Best Choreography - Nominated 9. Best Lighting Design for a Musical - Nominated 10. Best Scenic Design for a Musical - Nominated
Tonys - 12 Nominations
1. Best Musical - Won 2. Best Direction - Nominated 3. Best Actress for a Leading Role in a Musical - Won 4. Best Supporting Actress in a Musical - Nominated 5. Best Supporting Actor in a Musical - Nominated 6. Best Choreography - Nominated 7. Best Book - Nominated 8. Best Score - Won 9. Best Lighting Design in a Musical - Nominated 10. Best Scenic Design in a Musical - Nominated 11. Best Costume Design of a Musical - Won 12. Best Sound Design of a Musical - Nominated
People also ask
Is Smash and Bombshell on Broadway?
What is Bombshell musical?
Does bombshell have legs?
Who are the characters in Bombshell?
May 21, 2020 · “Bombshell” may make it to Broadway after all. A stage adaptation of the defunct NBC series “Smash” about the making of a Broadway musical is in the works, with Steven Spielberg, Robert ...
- Thom Geier
Bombshell is the musical within NBC's Golden Globe-nominated series television hit "SMASH." The album contains 22 original songs that make up the Broadway-caliber cast recording of the musical, complete with liner notes detailing the plot of Bombshell.
May 21, 2020 · There has long been talk of “Smash” (or “Bombshell”) coming to Broadway, and the TV show’s cast tested the waters in 2015, performing the once-fictional musical in a sold-out, one-night ...
May 12, 2020 · Smash—which was a scripted NBC drama series about the creation of Bombshell, a fictional Broadway musical about the life of Marilyn Monroe—was based on an original idea by Steven Spielberg ...
Feel-Good results for Smash Bombshell
- "Let Me Be Your Star" There is perhaps no greater tradition in musical theatre than the “I Want” song — you meet your protagonist for the first time and they, in turn, profess their deepest desire, setting the stage (literally) for the rest of the show.
- "Let's Be Bad" Bombshell has more than its fair share of show-stopping numbers, but no other song does it quite as spectacularly as “Let’s Be Bad.” Megan Hilty’s voice shines on this 1920s-themed romp, as she shows Monroe slowly spiraling downward during the filming of Some Like It Hot.
- "They Just Keep Moving the Line” Sometimes, simple is best — in “They Just Keep Moving the Line,” Bombshell doesn’t rely on a big dance number, a massive ensemble or anything else but the smooth, sultry voice of Megan Hilty.
- "The 20th Century Fox Mambo" Not only is the concept behind “The 20th Century Fox Mambo” cleverly executed, but in the first season of Smash, it gave fans of Katharine McPhee’s Karen Cartwright something to rally behind.