What is Frankfurt Germany known for?
- Frankfurt may be best known as the business and finance capital of Germany, but it is also one of the most desirable cities to live in and visit. With a rich collection of museums, historic buildings and a lively art and culture scene, Frankfurt is a surprisingly impressive place for a weekend break.
People also ask
What is Frankfurt known for?
What is the history of Frankfurt Germany?
What companies are in Frankfurt Germany?
Is Frankfurt the capital of Germany?
Jun 23, 2014 · Frankfurt may be best known as the business and finance capital of Germany, but it is also one of the most desirable cities to live in and visit.With a rich collection of museums, historic buildings and a lively art and culture scene, Frankfurt is a surprisingly impressive place for a weekend break.
- Stroll Through Historic Römerberg. Address. Römerberg 26, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Get directions. Phone +49 69 21238800. Web Visit website. The Römerberg ("Roman Mountain") is the historic heart of Frankfurt.
- Head Up to the Main Tower. Address. Main Tower, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Get directions. There is no better way to see Frankfurt than from the top of the Main Tower, the city's only high-rise open to the public.
- Tour the Goethe House. Address. Großer Hirschgraben 23-25, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Get directions. Phone +49 69 138800. Web Visit website. Frankfurt is the birthplace of Germany's most important writer, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, born in 1749.
- See Europe's Largest Dinosaur Skeleton. Address. Senckenberganlage 25, 60325 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Get directions. Phone +49 69 75420. Web Visit website.
The well known city of Frankfurt, the financial capital of Germany, is on the Main (and is often referred to as Frankfurt am Main). There is also a smaller Frankfurt, about 45 miles east of Berlin ...
- 3 answers
Wikipedia has information on Frankfurt, including population.
- 3 answers
You have asked your question at a time when everybody in Germany was asleep based on the time difference. You'll find anything from cheap to expensive in Frankfurt. Other shopping areas except from the Zeil are: ▬ Zeilgalerie at Hauptwache...
- 3 answers
Frankfurt has been Germany's financial centre for centuries, and it is the home of a number of major banks and brokerages. The three pillars of Frankfurt's economy are finance, transport, and trade fairs. The Frankfurt Stock Exchange is by...
- 3 answers
May 13, 2019 · Frankfurt Zoological Gardens, Bernhard-Grzimek-Allee 1, 60316 Frankfurt, Hesse Germany; +49 69 2123 3735 Related content Secret places: Germany's lesser-known gems
Frankfurt am Main, commonly referred to as Frankfurt, is one of the biggest cities in Germany. The city of Frankfurt has a population of 700,000. The metropolitan area, called Rhine-Main after its two biggest rivers, has over four million people. Frankfurt is an important centre for traffic and for the financial business.
Germany, also known as the Federal Republic of Germany (or ‘Deutschland’ in German) is a country located in Central Europe. Before acquiring its current name, Germany was known as Germania and was a part of the Holy Roman Empire from 900 – 1806 A.D. Today, Germany is the second most popular choice for migrants, after the United States.
- Frankfurt people are very happy. The city ranks very high in the official surveys on quality of life, ranking as high as seventh once. We can conclude that life in Frankfurt is great, so a holiday there must be great too...
- Goethe played with puppets there. Famous German writer Goethe was born in Frankfurt. His birthplace is now a museumand one of the best things to see there is the puppet theatre young Goethe used to play with.
- Frankfurt's stock market is huge. Frankfurt stock exchange. And by this we mean the building. It was built in 1843 and is the 10th largest stock exchange building in the world.
- It is the home of the Frankfurter. Not just the people who live in Frankfurt are called Frankfurters, but the famous sausages are of course Frankfurters as well.
Germany is also a member of the United Nations, NATO, the G7, the G20, and the OECD. Known for its long and rich cultural history, Germany has many World Heritage sites and is among the top tourism destinations in the world.
For its central location, Frankfurt is known as the “Gateway to Europe" — and travelers often only pass through, using it as a transit point to other major destination cities.
Frankfurt (officially: Frankfurt am Main (German: [ˈfʁaŋkfʊʁt ʔam ˈmaɪn] ; Hessian: Frangford am Maa, lit. "Frank ford on the Main")) is a metropolis and the largest city of the German state of Hesse. Its 763,380 inhabitants as of December 31, 2019 make it the fifth-largest city in Germany.