May 26, 2018 · Visit Dulwich Park – For an even more rural escape, you can head to Dulwich Park. Characterised by hidden paths, mill ponds and horse riding trails, Dulwich Park is the perfect place to spend a little time away from city life. I simply spent the rest of my afternoon sat under an ancient oak tree people watching…
- Georgie Hoole
- Head to the Dulwich Picture Gallery, obviously. Dulwich Picture Gallery was the first purpose-built public art gallery in the world. It was founded waaaay back in 1811 when Sir Francis Bourgeois gathered his collection of old masters and declared that they were “for the inspection of the public”.
- Get some peace and quiet at Christ’s Chapel. Set in a beautiful courtyard, Christ’s Chapel was consecrated in 1616 by George Abbot, Archbishop of Canterbury, as the centre of Alleyn’s College, or the College of God’s Gift.
- Admire beautiful, picturesque houses. Absolute #GOALS.
- Explore amazing independent shops. Including the amazing Franklin’s Farm Shop and Restaurant, The Cheese Block serving up all of the dairy, and this lovely little paint shop that just radiates joy and happiness.
People also ask
What to do in Dulwich in South London?
Are there any parks in the Dulwich area?
Is there a tube station in Dulwich Village?
What to do in East Dulwich and Peckham?
Mar 23, 2018 · Dulwich area guide Discover the very best of East and West Dulwich, plus amazing restaurants, pubs, bars and things to do ... a venerable pile of a pub in Dulwich Village, and ‘The Dog’ to ...
My favorite place in Dulwich Park is the American Garden, which is full of plants from the east coast of the United States. Established by Colonel JJ Sexby, the London County Council’s Chief Officer of Parks, in 1887, this garden comes alive with pink and purple flowers every spring. The rhododendrons and azaleas are stunning in April and May.
Dulwich village itself is a stunning walkabout. A stop of at the Garden is a peaceful affair, lots of seating and great place to revive the feet if on a walking trip round the "village" The food at cafe is a bit expensive but very good quality, save money a get drinks from any nearby shop
- 14 Gallery Road Dulwich Village, London, SE21 7AD
Travelling to Dulwich . Dulwich is an area of south London, England. The settlement is mostly in the London Borough of Southwark, with parts in the London Borough of Lambeth, and consists of Dulwich Village, East Dulwich, West Dulwich and the Southwark half of Herne Hill .
Aug 11, 2017 · To be honest, Brockwell Park on its own is reason enough to visit the area. Each summer its 84 acres play host to some cool music festivals and the enormous (and awesome) Lambeth Country Show, but...
Dulwich Gallery is a little known gem in South London, not only has a wonderful collection of pictures but offers a lovely place to meet friends for a meal or a light snack. It is housed in a wonderful building and all the staff is very welcoming, it is easily accessible by public transport and not at all staid but relaxing and cheerful.
For best results, use the customized Trip Planning Widget for Dulwich Picture Gallery on your website.It has all the advantages mentioned above, plus users to your site can conveniently access it directly on your site. Visitors to your site will appreciate you offering them help with planning their vacation.