- 1. a piece of fine material worn by women to protect or conceal the face: "a white bridal veil"
- 2. a thing that serves to cover, conceal, or disguise: "a veil of mist and snow lay over the landscape"
- 1. cover with a veil: "she veiled her face"
- 2. cover, conceal, or disguise: "cold mists veiled the mountain peaks"
People also ask
What does veil stand for?
What does the Bible say about meaning of veil?
What does a veil mean?
What is the meaning of veil?
- A veil is an article of clothing or hanging cloth that is intended to cover some part of the head or face, or an object of some significance. Veiling has a long history in European, Asian, and African societies.
veil noun (HIDING SOMETHING) [ S ] literary a thin covering that hides something or stops you from seeing something clearly: The view over the lake was obscured by a veil of mist that hung in the air. C2 [ S ] literary something that prevents you from knowing what is happening:
Sep 12, 2015 · Urban Dictionary: Veil Veil A female who plays a male character in an RPG; the flipside of a mangina She is a dedicated veil, plays a male half-orc thug overtime that screws everything that moves. by Bovine Love September 12, 2015 Get the Veil mug. Advertise here for $5/day Veil Equipped by shuns when rioting aboot the streets.
What-does.net is your comprehensive online definition dictionary. If you are not sure how to define Veil, our website can provide you with the appropriate definition. On this page, you can find what is Veil.
Something hung up, or spread out, to intercept the view, and hide an object; a cover; a curtain; esp., a screen, usually of gauze, crape, or similar diaphnous material, to hide or protect the face. Noun a garment that covers the head and face Noun a vestment worn by a priest at High Mass in the Roman Catholic Church; a silk shawl Noun