The city of Allentown was first home to people in 1735. It was then named a Northampton town (Northampton-Towne) in 1762 by William Allen, a rich shipping merchant, Chief Justice of the Province of Pennsylvania and mayor, or leader, of Philadelphia in the past.
Allentown, Pennsylvania. Jump to navigation Jump to search. An Allentown in usa ka syudad han Pennsylvania, Estados Unidos. An Wikimedia ...
- Baldwin |, Berwick |, Bethel Park |, Brentwood |, Carlisle |, Chambersburg |, Columbia |, Darby |, Dunmore |, Elizabethtown |, Emmaus |, Ephrata |, Franklin Park |, Hanover |, Hummelstown |, Indiana |, Kingston |, Lansdale |, Lansdowne |, Monroeville |, Munhall |, Murrysville |, Norristown |, Penn Hills |, Phoenixville |, Plum |, Pottstown |, State College |, West Chester |, West Mifflin |, Whitehall |, Wilkinsburg |, Wyomissing |, Yeadon
- Altoona |, Philadelphia |, Erie |, Harrisburg–Carlisle |, Johnstown |, Lancaster |, Lebanon |, Lehigh Valley |, New York |, Pittsburgh |, Reading |, State College |, Williamsport |, Scranton‑Wilkes-Barre |, York-Hanover
- Mga syudad |, Politika |, Kagamhanan |, Mga delegasyon |, Kaagi |, Heyograpiya |, Heyolohiya |, Mga Pennsylvaniano |, Mga estadohanon nga parke |, Mga tigaman |, Mga pan-anyag hin dumuruaw
- Allentown |, Altoona |, Bethlehem |, Chester |, DuBois |, Easton |, Erie |, Greensburg |, Harrisburg |, Hazleton |, Johnstown |, Lancaster |, Lebanon |, McKeesport |, New Castle |, Philadelphia |, Pittsburgh |, Pottsville |, Reading |, Scranton |, Sunbury |, Wilkes-Barre |, Williamsport |, York
The city of Allentown, Pennsylvania was founded in 1762 as Northampton Town by William Allen, a wealthy shipping merchant. During its first fifty years of existence, Northampton Town was a small unincorporated settlement, consisting of a few homes, stores and taverns. Political origins
- Four years, (renewable once)
- Samuel McHose
- Mayor's Office
Center City's tallest building is the PPL Building at 322 ft (98 m). The Allentown Art Museum, Allentown Symphony Hall, the former site of Hess's Department Stores' original and flagship store, Baum School of Art, Lehigh County Historical Society and Heritage Museum, and The Liberty Bell Museum are all known landmarks in Center City.
A-Treat soda is made in Allentown and is available mostly in eastern Pennsylvania only. Just Born candy factory is located in Bethlehem and is the maker of Mike and Ike, Hot Tamales, ZOURS, and Marshmallow Peeps. Josh Early Candies, made locally, has a store on Linden Street in Bethlehem and a store on Tilghman Street in Allentown. Wine
Postcard showing the lobby of the Hotel Allen, Allentown, Pennsylvania about 1912 Theodore Roosevelt speaking from the balcony of the Hotel Allen, 1914 The northeast corner of Center Square (Seventh and Hamilton Streets) in Allentown was the site of several inns and hotels since its founding in 1762.
The Colonial Theater is a former cinema and stage theater in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Opened in 1920, for over 50 years, it was considered the glamour cinema in the central business district. It closed in 1982, and was torn down in 2005 after years of being vacant and deterioration.
- 513-17 West Hamilton Street, Allentown, Pennsylvania, 18101, United States
"Allentown" is a song by American singer Billy Joel, which was the lead track on Joel's The Nylon Curtain (1982) album, accompanied by a conceptual music video. Upon its release, and especially in subsequent years, "Allentown" emerged as an anthem of blue-collar America, representing both the aspirations and frustrations of America's working ...
People also ask
What is Allentown, PA known for?
What is Allentown, PA like?
Is Allentown, PA part of the New York metro area?
What is in Allentown PA?