For the town in Allegheny County, south of Pittsburgh, see Allentown, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. Allentown (Pennsylvania Dutch: Allenschteddel) is a city located in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, United States. It is Pennsylvania's third most populous city and the 233rd largest city in the United States.
- Lehigh County, Pennsylvania
Lehigh County (Pennsylvania German: Lechaa Kaundi) is a...
- Lehigh County, Pennsylvania
Allentown is a city that is in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, in the United States. After Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, it is Pennsylvania's third most populous city, with 106,632 residents as of the 2000 census. It is the county seat of Lehigh County. The town is in east Pennsylvania about 45 minutes away from the Pocono Mountains.
Allentown is influenced by cuisine from the Pennsylvania Dutch, Hispanic and Latinos, and Philadelphia. Allentown has a local variant of the Philly cheesesteak, and local pizza parlors. Pennsylvania Dutch foods like head cheese, liver pudding, sous, chow-chow, apple butter, and others are available at some diners across the region.
- WDPN (2.1 MeTV, 2.2 Grit, 2.3 Mystery, 2.4 H&I, 2.5 Retro, 2.6 Decades, 2.7 This), KYW (3.1 CBS, 3.2 Start, 3.3 Dabl), WPVI (6.1 ABC, 6.2 Localish, 6.3 Laff), WEFG-LD (7.1 Silent), WCAU (10.1 NBC, 10.2 Cozi, 10.3 Lx), WHYY (12.1 PBS, 12.2 Y2, 12.3 PBS Kids), WPHL (17.1 MNTV, 17.2 ANT, 17.3 Court TV, 17.4 Comet), WNJS (23.1 PBS/NJTV, 23.2 NHK), WPHA-CD (24.1/24.2/24.3/24.4 Ads), WFPA-CD (28.1 UniMás, 28.2 GetTV, 28.3 Quest), WTXF (29.1 Fox, 29.2 Movies!, 29.3 Light, 29.4 Buzzr), WZPA-LD (33.1 HSN2, 33.2 HSN, 33.3 SBN, 33.4 LATV, 33.5 QVC2, 33.6 Peace, 33.7 Beauty iQ, 33.8 Ads), WQAV-CD (34.1 Ind.), WPPT (35.1 PBS), WDUM-LD (41.1 HSN, 41.2 HSN2, 41.3 QVC2, 41.4 Beauty iQ), WMCN (44.1 Infomercial(s), 44.2 [Blank], 44.3 [Blank], 44.4 Jewelry TV), WELL-LD (45.1 Daystar), WTVE (51.1 SBN, 51.2 Estrella TV), WPSG (57.1 CW, 57.2 Charge!, 57.3 Comet, 57.4 TBD, 57.5 Circle), WPPX (61.1 Ion, 61.2 Qubo, 61.3 Ion+, 61.4 Ion Shop, 61.5 QVC, 61.6 HSN), WWSI (62.1 TMD, 62.2 TXO), WUVP (65.1 UNI, 65.2 Bounce, 65.3 Crime)
- Lehigh Valley, W07DC-D (16.1 ABC, 16.2 ANT; translator of WNEP-TV, Scranton), WLVT (39.1 PBS, 39.2 Create, 39.3 F24), WBPH (60.1 Ind., 60.2 Worship), WFMZ (69.1 Ind., 69.2 AccuWX, 69.3 MeTV), Atlantic City, NJ, WACP (4.1 Ind., 4.2 ShopHQ, 4.3 Heartland, 4.4 LC, 4.5 JTV, 4.6 QVC, 4.7 QVC2), WPSJ-CD (8.1 ATeVé, 8.2 SBN, 8.3 God TV, 8.4 Hope), WSJT-LD (15.1 Classic Shows, 15.2 GEB America, 15.3 Hope Channel, 15.4 GEB America, 15.5 Victory, 15.6 Weather), WMGM (40.1 Crime, 40.2 GetTV, 40.3 Univision), WGTW (48.1 TBN, 48.2 Hillsong, 48.3 Enlace, 48.4 Salsa), Trenton, NJ, WPHY-CD (25.1 SBN), WNJT (52.1 PBS/NJTV, 52.2 NHK), Dover, DE, WMDE (36.1 Ind., 36.2 Court TV, 36.3 Dabl, 36.4 Circle, 36.5 Arirang, 36.7 ShopHQ, 36.8 QVC, 36.9 QVC2)
The city of Allentown, Pennsylvania, was established in 1762 and is one of the oldest major cities in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States.It has deep roots in the history of the nation; it was the hiding place of the Liberty Bell during the American Revolution, and its oldest city cemetery has graves of patriots who served in the Continental Army.
People also ask
What is the history of Allentown Pennsylvania?
What is the Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania?
Who founded allentown pennsylvania?
What is the population of Pennsylvania?
Allentown, Pennsylvania. Jump to navigation Jump to search. An Allentown in usa ka syudad han Pennsylvania, Estados Unidos. An Wikimedia ...
- Baldwin |, Berwick |, Bethel Park |, Brentwood |, Carlisle |, Chambersburg |, Columbia |, Darby |, Dunmore |, Elizabethtown |, Emmaus |, Ephrata |, Franklin Park |, Hanover |, Hummelstown |, Indiana |, Kingston |, Lansdale |, Lansdowne |, Monroeville |, Munhall |, Murrysville |, Norristown |, Penn Hills |, Phoenixville |, Plum |, Pottstown |, State College |, West Chester |, West Mifflin |, Whitehall |, Wilkinsburg |, Wyomissing |, Yeadon
- Altoona |, Philadelphia |, Erie |, Harrisburg–Carlisle |, Johnstown |, Lancaster |, Lebanon |, Lehigh Valley |, New York |, Pittsburgh |, Reading |, State College |, Williamsport |, Scranton‑Wilkes-Barre |, York-Hanover
- Mga syudad |, Politika |, Kagamhanan |, Mga delegasyon |, Kaagi |, Heyograpiya |, Heyolohiya |, Mga Pennsylvaniano |, Mga estadohanon nga parke |, Mga tigaman |, Mga pan-anyag hin dumuruaw
- Allentown |, Altoona |, Bethlehem |, Chester |, DuBois |, Easton |, Erie |, Greensburg |, Harrisburg |, Hazleton |, Johnstown |, Lancaster |, Lebanon |, McKeesport |, New Castle |, Philadelphia |, Pittsburgh |, Pottsville |, Reading |, Scranton |, Sunbury |, Wilkes-Barre |, Williamsport |, York
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The city of Allentown, Pennsylvania was founded in 1762 as Northampton Town by William Allen, a wealthy shipping merchant. During its first fifty years of existence, Northampton Town was a small unincorporated settlement, consisting of a few homes, stores and taverns.NameTerm(s)Party1. Samuel McHose1867–1869Republican2, 5 – Colonel Tilghman H. Good1869–1873 1874–1876Democrat3 – Dr. Theodore Conrad. Yeager1873–1874Republican4 – Herman Schuon1874–1876Non-Partisan
- Four years, (renewable once)
- Samuel McHose
- Mayor's Office
The Lehigh Valley (/ ˈ l iː h aɪ /), known officially by the United States Census Bureau and the United States Office of Management and Budget as the Allentown–Bethlehem–Easton, PA-NJ Metropolitan Statistical Area and referred to colloquially as The Valley, is a metropolitan region officially consisting of Carbon, Lehigh and Northampton Counties in eastern Pennsylvania and Warren County ...
Allentown (Alamaneg Pennsylvania: Allenschteddel) zo ur gêr lec'hiet e reter Pennsylvania er Stadoù-Unanet. Er bloavezh 2010 e oa 118 032 a annezidi o chom enni.
"Allentown" is a song by American singer Billy Joel, which was the lead track on Joel's The Nylon Curtain (1982) album, accompanied by a conceptual music video. Upon its release, and especially in subsequent years, "Allentown" emerged as an anthem of blue-collar America, representing both the aspirations and frustrations of America's working ...