Buckinghamshire (/ ˈbʌkɪŋəmʃər, - ʃɪər /), abbreviated Bucks, is a ceremonial county in South East England that borders Greater London to the south-east, Berkshire to the south, Oxfordshire to the west, Northamptonshire to the north, Bedfordshire to the north-east and Hertfordshire to the east.
This is a list of places in the ceremonial county of Buckinghamshire, England.It does not include places which were formerly in Buckinghamshire. For places which were in Buckinghamshire until 1974, and were then transferred to Berkshire, and other places transferred from Buckinghamshire since 1844, see list of Buckinghamshire boundary changes
People also ask
Is Buckinghamshire part of Berkshire?
Where is Brill Buckinghamshire?
What does Buckinghamshire Council mean?
What is the ethnicity of Buckinghamshire?
Buckinghamshire (abbreviated Bucks) is a county in central England, near the south and London. The county town is named Aylesbury. Cities, towns and villages Locations marked with a (*) are a part of the cerimonal county of Buckinghamshire, but are governed by the Borough of Milton Keynes.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Buckinghamshire Council is a unitary local authority in England, the area of which comprises most of the ceremonial county of Buckinghamshire.
- Richard Scott, since 1 April 2020
- Martin Tett, since 1 April 2020
- 1 April 2020
- Unitary authority
Marlow is a town and civil parish within the Unitary Authority of Buckinghamshire, England. It is located on the River Thames, 4 miles south south-west of High Wycombe, 5 miles west north-west of Maidenhead and 33 miles west of central London.
The name is recorded in 1015 as Mere lafan, meaning "Land left after the draining of a pond" in Old English. From Norman times the manor, parish, and later borough were formally known as Great Marlow, distinguishing them from Little Marlow. The ancient parish was large, including rural areas north and west of the town. In 1896 the civil parish of Great Marlow, created in the 19th century from the ancient parish, was divided into Great Marlow Urban District and Great Marlow civil parish. In 1897
Marlow is recorded in the Domesday Book as Merlaue. Magna Britannia includes the following entry for Marlow: "The manor of Marlow, which had belonged to the Earls of Mercia, was given by William the Conqueror, to his Queen Matilda. Henry the First, bestowed it on his natural son, Robert de Melhent, afterwards Earl of Gloucester, from whom it passed, with that title, to the Clares and Despencers, and from the latter, by female heirs, to the Beauchamps and Nevilles, Earls of Warwick. It continued
Marlow is adjoined by Marlow Bottom, a mile to the north. Little Marlow is nearby to the east along the A4155 Little Marlow Road and Bourne End is further along the same road. To the south across the Thames are Bisham and Cookham Dean, both in Berkshire
There has been a bridge over the Thames at Marlow since the reign of King Edward III The current bridge is a suspension bridge, designed by William Tierney Clark in 1832, and it was constructed by 1835. It was a prototype for and is twinned with the much larger Széchenyi Chain Bridge across the River Danube in Budapest.
Marlow is twinned with 1. Marly-le-Roi, France, since 1980. 2. Budavár, a district of Budapest, Hungary.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Denham is a village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Buckinghamshire, England, approximately 17 miles (27 km) from central London, 2 miles (3 km) northwest of Uxbridge and just north of junction 1 of the M40 motorway. The name is derived from the Old English for "homestead in a valley".