House of Lancaster For the mansion in London, see Lancaster House. The House of Lancaster was a cadet branch of the royal House of Plantagenet. The first house was created when King Henry III of England created the Earldom of Lancaster —from which the house was named—for his second son Edmund Crouchback in 1267.
- Extinct in the male line
- Henry of Grosmont, 1st Duke of Lancaster
Pages in category "House of Lancaster" The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total. This list may not reflect recent changes ().
People also ask
What is the name of the House of Lancaster?
Where is Lancaster House in London?
Who were the members of the House of Lancaster?
What is the royal descendants of Lancaster?
Lancaster House (originally known as York House and then Stafford House) is a mansion in the St James's district in the West End of London. It is close to St James's Palace, and much of the site was once part of the palace complex. This Grade I listed building is now managed by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia For the mansion in London, see Lancaster House. The House of Lancaster was the name of two cadet branches of the royal House of Plantagenet.
From Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Wikimedia Commons has media related to House of Lancaster. Pages in category "House of Lancaster" The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total.
Three dynasties belong to it: Angevins, House of Lancaster (Lancastrians) and House of York (Yorkists). Lancastrians and Yorkists fought against each other the Wars of the Roses to get the crown for their dynasty alone.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Red rose of Lancaster, the heraldic badge of the royal House of Lancaster, in its basic form The Red Rose of Lancaster (blazoned: a rose gules) was the heraldic badge adopted by the royal House of Lancaster in the 14th century. In modern times it symbolises the county of Lancashire.
The House of Lancaster descended from John of Gaunt, the third surviving son of Edward III of England. Their name derives from John of Gaunt's primary title of Duke of Lancaster, which he held by right of his spouse, Blanche of Lancaster.
Lancaster Friends Meeting House dating from 1708, is the longest continual Quaker meeting site in the world with the original building built in 1677. George Fox, founder of Quakerism, was near the site several occasions in the 1660s and spent two years imprisoned in Lancaster Castle.