The Basílica de la Sagrada Família (Catalan: [bəˈzilikə ðə lə səˈɣɾaðə fəˈmiljə]; Spanish: Basílica de la Sagrada Familia; 'Basilica of the Holy Family'), also known as the Sagrada Família, is a large unfinished Roman Catholic minor basilica in the Eixample district of Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain.
Oct 21, 2020 · Taxis are also widely available in Barcelona. The taxi fare from central Barcelona to the Sagrada Familia will vary, but expect to pay between €6 and €10 depending on where you ride from. Make sure you hail only a licensed cab, these are yellow and black.
La Sagrada Família is a catholic church designed by the famous Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí. The complete name for the temple is Basílica de la Sagrada Família, which means Basilica of the Holy Family in English. It’s part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most famous landmarks in Spain.
- Where is Sagrada Familia? La Sagrada Familia is located at Carrer de Mallorca (401) in Barcelona which is a 40-minute walk from the tourist street, La Rambla and the popular Gothic Quarter.
- How to Get to the Sagrada Família. The Sagrada Família is best reached by foot, taking in the Barcelona streets along the way. If you prefer to use the public transport system, there are two options.
- La Sagrada Familia is Open All Year Round. The Church can be enjoyed all year, which is great for those visiting in low seasons to beat the crowds and the heat.
- If you Must Purchase on Arrival… You can buy an entry ticket at the Basilica but you must buy your ticket 30 minutes before closing or you won’t be granted entry.
Oct 05, 2020 · The outside of La Sagrada Familia is pure impact – only a madman would envision this. Calling for 18 spires representing the Twelve Apostles, the Virgin Mary, the four Evangelists, and Jesus Christ – the latter will rise to 172.5 meters above street level, one meter shorter than the highest point in the municipality of Barcelona: Montjuic.
The Sagrada Familia closed its doors on the 28th of September until further notice. Once the Sagrada Familia re-opens its door we recommend you to book your Sagrada Familia tickets online as soon as your trip to Barcelona is confirmed to secure your spot.
People also ask
Why was the Sagrada Familia built?
Which artist is responsible for La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona?
Where is Sagrada Familia located?
What is the Sagrada Familia used for?
Click here to book your skip the line tickets online for Gaudi's Sagrada Familia Basilica. Simply show your tickets sent to your mobile at the special internet entrance. "The entrance queues to the Sagrada Família can be 1 to 2 hours at peak season, sometimes more.
- Sagrada Familia attracts 5 million every year. Yes, that’s right. Sagrada Familia attracts more than 5 million tourists in a year. This means, on an average two tourists enter the gates of Sagrada Familia every second.
- Antoni Gaudi wasn’t the first choice for La Sagrada Familia. The project to build this massive church (back then it was supposed to be a church) was first assigned to Francisco Del Vilar.
- Sagrada Familia will take 144 years to build. The construction of the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt started in 2,580 BC and ended in 2,560 BC. That’s a long 20 years.
- Gaudi used faces of actual people for his sculptures. The Nativity facade, which celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ, was built under Gaudi’s supervision.
Jun 28, 2020 · Church Concert – The Sagrada Familia Expiatory Church in Barcelona, Spain This song is performed in The Sagrada Familia Expiatory Church in Barcelona, Spain, and is a remarkable performance. It also gives you a look inside the Church designed by the Famed Architect Antonio Gaudi … look up this church.