- Plagiarism Detection
Compare text to billions of web
pages and major content databases.
- Grammarly Tone Detector
Deliver your message
the way you intend to
- Instant Proofreading
Find and correct over 250 types of
grammatical and punctuation errors.
- MS Office® Plug-in
Grammarly integrates seamlessly
with MS Word and Outlook.
- Plagiarism Detection
- Definition of last word 1 : the final remark in a verbal exchange 2 a : the power of final decision b : a definitive statement or treatment this study will surely be the last word on the subject for many years
People also ask
What is the oldest word in the Dictionary?
Which word has the most meanings in the Dictionary?
What is the shortest word in the English Dictionary?
Which are the longest words in English Dictionary?
The last word in the Oxford English Dictionary is zyzzyva, a tropical weevil. This is the last alphabetic entry in the OED, but it’s not the final entry overall. The last entry in the OED is 999, defined as “In the United Kingdom and elsewhere: a telephone number used to contact the emergency services; the service provided when this number is dialled.”
Jul 05, 2021 · Definition of last word. 1 : the final remark in a verbal exchange. 2 a : the power of final decision. b : a definitive statement or treatment this study will surely be the last word on the subject for many years. 3 : the most advanced, up-to-date, or fashionable exemplar of its kind the last word in sports cars.
1. the closing remark or comment, as in an argument. By the rules of debate she would have the last word. 2. a final or definitive work, statement, etc. This report is the last word on the treatment of arthritis. 3. the latest, most modern thing. Casual hairdos are the last word this season.
Jun 28, 2017 · The Oxford English Dictionary has a new “last word” – “zyzzyva”, which is a genus of tropical weevil native to South America typically found in palm trees. It takes the closing honour from...
Sep 24, 2012 · In the 1925 edition of A Dictionary of Modern English, H.W. Fowler acknowledged the “cherished superstition” that prepositions must go “before the word they govern.” Those advancing that superstition “are unconsciously trying to deprive the English language of a valuable idiomatic resource.”
have the last word 1 make or have the right to make the final decision or pronouncement about something. 2 carry out a final and conclusive action in a process or course of events. See also: have, last, word Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 letters) Pneumoconiosis caused by inhalation of very fine silicate or quartz dust.
- Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia (36 letters) Ironically, Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is one of the longest work in the dictionary and is the name for a fear of long words!
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (34 letters) Perhaps the best word of all! Made popular by the film Mary Poppins, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is something to say when you have nothing to say.
- Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (30 letters) A relatively mild form of pseudohypoparathyroidism that is characterized by normal levels of calcium and phosphorus in the blood.
last words translation in English-Chinese dictionary. Showing page 1. Found 645 sentences matching phrase "last words".Found in 52 ms.