Here is a list of the top ten most populated cities in the US as of 2020:
- New York City, NY (Population: 8,622,357)
- Los Angeles, CA (Population: 4,085,014)
- Chicago, IL (Population: 2,670,406)
- Houston, TX (Population: 2,378,146)
- Phoenix, AZ (Population: 1,743,469)
- Philadelphia, PA (Population: 1,590,402)
- San Antonio, TX (Population: 1,579,504)
- San Diego, CA (Population: 1,469,490)
- Dallas, TX (Population: 1,400,337)
People also ask
What US cities have a population over 1 million?
What US city has the highest population?
What are the top 50 cities in the US?
Which US cities are growing the most rapidly?
- New York, New York. 8,336,817. 8,175,133. 8,008,278. 7,322,564.
- Los Angeles, California. 3,979,576. 3,792,621. 3,694,820. 3,485,398.
- Chicago, Illinois. 2,693,976. 2,695,598. 2,896,016. 2,783,726.
- Houston, Texas. 2,320,268. 2,100,263. 1,953,631. 1,630,553.
What are the largest cities in the United States? The US city with the biggest population is New York City. Here is a list of the top ten most populated cities in the US as of 2020: New York City, NY (Population: 8,622,357) Los Angeles, CA (Population: 4,085,014) Chicago, IL (Population: 2,670,406) Houston, TX (Population: 2,378,146)
Feb 28, 2017 · The Top Ten: Cities in the U.S. by Population. Updated February 28, 2017 ... October 2020 Current Events: US News. Top Ten Closest U.S. Presidential Elections.
- New York, New York: Population 8,537,673. The U.S. Census Bureau showed a gain for New York City of 362,500 residents (4.4 percent) as compared with the 2010 figures, and each of the city's boroughs gained people.
- Los Angeles, California: Population 3,976,322. The median home price (owner occupied) in Los Angeles is nearly $600,000, the median age of the people there is 35.6, and 60 percent of all the nearly 1.5 million households speak a language other than (or in addition to) English.
- Chicago, Illinois: Population 2,704,958. Overall, Chicago's population is declining, but the city is becoming more racially diverse. Populations of people of Asian and Hispanic origin are growing, while the numbers of Caucasians and Blacks are decreasing.
- Houston, Texas: Population 2,303,482. Houston was eighth in the top 10 fastest growing cities between 2015 and 2016, adding 18,666 people that year. About two-thirds are 18 years old and above, and only about 10 percent 65 and over.
Sep 23, 2020 · The largest metropolitan areas in the U.S. are New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago. The three areas have a combined population of around 42 million.
This was the second census (see also 1960) to show a decline in the combined total population of the top ten cities, with 1,142,003 (5.2%) fewer people than the 1970 Census' top ten cities. This is the first census in which half of the top ten cities are in the Sun Belt , specifically the West South Central and South Western area of the country.
Jun 22, 2017 · It fell out of the top 100 largest American cities by population in 2014. Last year, Rochester's metropolitan area declined 0.4 percent to 1.08 million residents. 7.
Mayors of 11 Big Ten cities have written the conference a letter outlining their concerns about potential coronavirus spikes as the conference begins its football season this ...
1 day ago
- European cities plead for more flu shots as winter looms, pandemic ragesReuters via Yahoo News10 hours ago
- China is back to normal — the US and Europe are not. Here's how it succeeded.Business Insider via Yahoo News5 days ago
- Virus, what virus? India gets back to workAFP via Yahoo News3 days ago
- COVID-19 in Canada: Canada crosses 200,000 cases, Toronto's COVID-19 hot spots revealed in infections mapYahoo News Canada3 days ago
- As Goes the Rust Belt, So Will Go AmericaBloomberg via Yahoo Finance2 days ago
Top 10 Cities of over 100,000 with the highest percentage of African-American people Top Ten cities with 100,000 or more total population and the highest percentages of African-Americans, alone or with other races 
Mar 02, 2019 · Those cities, coupled with the many smaller towns throughout this large state make this state round out our top 10 list perfectly. Wrapping Up The Biggest States In The US By Population For 2019. That’s a wrap for the states in the U.S. with the biggest population.
Jun 12, 2020 · The Largest Population: California 39,937,489. According to the Public Policy institute of California, one of every eight United States residents lives here in the Golden State (according to their 2019 data). World Population Review’s statistics show that Cali is way ahead of Texas, with close to 10 million more people. Texas is also much larger.RankStatePopulation1California39,937,4892Texas29,472,2953Florida21,992,9854New York19,440,469