Things to Do in Altoona, Pennsylvania: See Tripadvisor's 1,587 traveler reviews and photos of Altoona tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in June. We have reviews of the best places to see in Altoona. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
Apr 08, 2020 ·
- Horseshoe Curve. Located west of downtown Altoona, the Horseshoe Curve is one of the most important spots in U.S. transportation history and one of the wonders of PA.
- Chimney Rocks Park. Located in Hollidaysburg, the seat of Blair County, is Chimney Rocks Park. This park is home to unique chimney-like stone pillars and dramatic cliffs.
- Baker Mansion. Baker Mansion is the home of the Blair County Historical Society Museum. If you want to learn about the history of the region, this is a must-visit destination.
- DelGrosso’s Park. Located in northern Blair County, DelGrosso’s Park is definitely one of the best things to do near Altoona, PA. This free-admission park allows visitors to pay as they go for the attractions they want to ride (an all-day pass is also available).
Welcome to the City of Altoona! The many attributes of our City make Altoona a great place to live and a great place to visit. There are numerous recreational and leisure opportunities in the City of Altoona and the surrounding area that we want to share with you. Please click on the links below and plan your next trip to Altoona. Enjoy!
- Delgrosso’s Amusement Park 40 Amusement Parks. (814) 684-3538. 4352 E Pleasant Valley Blvd. “What a pleasant surprise!! We were searching for places to go in the area other than Kennywood and Idlewild parks, mostly because my nephew is only 1 y.o.,…” more.
- Slinky Action Zone 10 Arcades, Kids Activities, Laser Tag. (814) 695-1515. 491 Municipal Dr. “This use to be my go-to place for a distraction when I was in High School.
- Horseshoe Curve National Historic Landmark 22 Landmarks & Historical Buildings. (814) 941-2540. Kittanning Point Rd. “One of the best train watching spots in the world.
- Escape Rooms Altoona 1 Escape Games. (814) 569-3020. 505 E 25th Ave. “This escape room was a lot of fun. We did the y2k room. We didn't quite make it out but we came close.
Top Things to Do in Altoona, Pennsylvania: See Tripadvisor's 1,587 traveller reviews and photos of Altoona tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in June. We have reviews of the best places to see in Altoona. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
- 1 answer
Well, since this is the Philadelphia section,and Altoona is like 200 miles away, why don't you tell us.
- 2 answers
Go see the Horseshoe Curve, it's a really big thing there. There's also a small railroad museum. Not much else in Altoona. Also head over to State College. Penn State has an Art Museum, and great ice cream at the Creamery. Also a couple of...
- 1 answer
Ok...I am living in Altoona. Pluses...great scenery and abundant things to do if you are an outdoors buff. It really is pretty here, maybe not right in the city, which can be depressing, but the countryside is top notch. Now for the...
- 1 answer
May 29, 2019 · With a population of just over 46,000, Altoona, PA is nestled deep in the Alleghany Mountains. It is located about halfway between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Because it was built around the railroad, Altoona suffered a small industrial decline.
People also ask
What is Altoona, Pennsylvania known for?
How far is Pittsburgh from Altoona?
What to do in PA?
Find a comprehensive view of events in Altoona for May and June 2020 (updated daily). Concerts, sports, arts, live music, nightlife, theatre and comedy shows in Altoona, Pennsylvania.
The list below includes 27 free or cheap things to do in or near Altoona, Pennsylvania, including 41 different types of inexpensive activities like Bowling, Historic Sites, Movie Theaters and Bars. From Peoples Natural Gas Field to Horseshoe Curve National Historic Landmark, there are a variety of budget-friendly attractions in Altoona and in nearby cities within 25 miles like Huntingdon and Portage .
May 20, 2020 · Looking for something to do in Altoona? Whether you're a local, new in town or just cruising through we've got loads of great tips and events. You can explore by location, what's popular, our top picks, free stuff... you got this.
383 Fort Roberdeau Rd, Altoona, PA 16601-8321. Website +1 814-946-0048. Best nearby. 8 Restaurants within 5 miles. 3 Other Attractions within 5 miles. Marzoni's Brick ...
- 383 Fort Roberdeau Rd, Altoona, 16601-8321, Pennsylvania