Six Unusual Things to do Near the Niagara Falls
- The whirlpool aerocar.
- Clifton Hill theme park.
- Visit Nightmares Fear Factory.
- The Flying Saucer Restaurant.
- Visit the Upside Down House.
People also ask
What are some activities for Niagara Falls?
What are some fun things to do in Niagara Falls NY?
What are the best places to visit in Niagara Falls?
What is the cost of going to Niagara Falls?
Top Attractions in Niagara Falls. 1. Cave of the Winds. 6,068 reviews. See 32 Experiences. Nature & Parks. 2. Niagara Falls. 3. Niagara Falls State Park. 4. Niagara Falls Observation Tower. 5. Goat Island.
Top Attractions in Niagara Falls. 1. Niagara Falls Canada. 31,470 reviews. See 84 Experiences. Nature & Parks. 2. Butterfly Conservatory. 3. Horseshoe Falls. 4. White Water Walk. 5. Journey Behind the Falls.
- Tours, Sightseeing. Less than 1 hour. The main reason to visit Niagara Falls is to see the falls and one of the most memorable ways to do just that is to sport a poncho and hop on a Maid of the Mist boat.
- Parks and Gardens. 2 hours to Half Day. To escape the thunderous falls and tourist crowds, take an afternoon and lose yourself in the Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens.
- Sightseeing. 2 hours to Half Day. If you enjoy history, make sure to save time for a visit to Old Fort Niagara.
- Free, Hiking, Recreation. 2 hours to Half Day. If you need a break from the crowds near the falls, visitors recommend you enjoy a relaxing afternoon at the Niagara Glen Nature Reserve.
- Admire Niagara Falls. You don’t need to justify coming to Niagara Falls. There’s a good chance people already know what you want to see when you get there – the waterfalls!
- Niagara Hornblower Cruise. One of the most popular attractions (if not THE most popular) on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls is the Hornblower Cruise – also known as “Voyage to the Falls”!
- Niagara Hornblower Funicular + Riverside Patio. If getting a different perspective of the Falls is what you’re after but you want to keep things on the budget side, you might want to just ride the Hornblower Funicular.
- Journey Behind the Falls. If heading behind Horseshoe Falls is something you’re looking to do, then you should definitely do the Journey Behind the Falls!
- Niagara Falls, Ontario. Spectacular! Wow! Fabulous! Whatever superlatives you choose, you won’t be able to keep the word from your lips at Niagara Falls. For here, great muscular bands of water tumble over a precipice like liquid glass, roaring into the void below.
- Skylon Tower. For numerous Niagara Falls-inspired attractions all in one place, the Skylon Tower is an excellent choice. Boasting front row views of the natural wonder along with ambient dining, a observation platform, 4D movies, shopping and family-fun, you could spend all day being entertained in one place.
- Journey Behind the Falls. Horseshoe Falls is an awesome site from the shore and from a boat, but the best way to truly experience its absolute power is to take the Journey Behind the Falls.
- Floral Clock. Next to Niagara Falls, one of the most photographed attractions in the surrounding area is the Floral Clock. Built in 1950, it is one of the largest in the world at a massive 40 feet in diameter.
What to Do Beyond the Falls in Niagara County Lewiston: Festivals, Culture & Quaint Streets. A little north of the Falls, find Lewiston — a quaint town and home to a... Lockport: Wineries, Museums & Cave Tours. The Erie Canal provides plenty of opportunity for recreation and historical... Wilson: ...
- Goat Island. 279 reviews. #1 of 17 Sights & Landmarks in Niagara Falls. "In addition to the views of the falls from the edge, Goat Island also offers a number of pleasant trails, a monument to Nikola Tesla who created the world’s first hydroelectric power plant at Niagara Falls, a rest..."
- Niagara Falls State Park. 4,380 reviews. #2 of 17 Sights & Landmarks in Niagara Falls. "... we took the Discover Niagara Shuttle to Whirlpool State Park for an amazing hike (difficult rocky hike) down the gorge to the Whirlpool, BUT with fantastic views of the rapids and riverside view of the Whirlpool.""
- Schoellkopf Power Station. 57 reviews. #4 of 17 Sights & Landmarks in Niagara Falls. "If you hike the Gorge Trail you can see pieces of the ruins along the trail."
- Prophet Isaiah's Second Coming House. 42 reviews. #6 of 17 Sights & Landmarks in Niagara Falls. Learn More.
Niagara Falls State Park is New York's oldest state park, opened in 1885, and home to a trio of impressive waterfalls and five islands on the Niagara River. Overall, the park covers 400 acres that include nature and bike trails, picnic facilities, and scenic photo-ops.