People also ask
Who is the most popular romantic poet?
Who were some authors in the Romantic period?
What is the most romantic poetry?
Who is the author of Romanticism?
- Justin Bienvenue
- William Shakespeare. A bit surprised are you? Shakespeare wrote sonnets, ballads, lyrical poems but he has to be number one because he created his own words, his own language and his own structure in poetry.
- Edgar Allan Poe. I know what your thinking, how is Poe only number 2 on a list of poets that I made? Well to be honest I wasn’t going to include him because of his horror and story writing but I cannot deny that Poe was a heck of a poet.
- Emily Dickinson. Emily Dickinson may be one of the most popular and well known poets but in real life and during her life she was depressed and a bit of a recluse spending months upon months in her room.
- Maya Angelou. Maya Angelou was one of the best modern poets of her generation. She was real, raw and sometimes controversial with her poems but they told of her life and others and they made an impact.
- Sonnet 18 by William Shakespeare. Shakespeare was a big fan of the original form of romantic poetry - the classic sonnet - which always included 14 lines, with each line written in iambic pentameter (a steady, bouncy rhythm of 10 syllables).
- She Walks in Beauty by Lord Byron. Written in 1814, this is one of Lord Byron's most famous works. It is said that the poem was written about his cousin's wife, after he was struck by her unusual beauty.
- Love is... by Adrien Henri. When it comes to poetry, simplicity often resonates the most. This is why we love this perfectly articulated poem by Adrien Henri, written in 1968.
- How Do I Love Thee by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. Written for her husband, fellow poet Robert Browning, this idea of love being never-ending resonates as much today as it did when it was first published in 1850.
Dec 24, 2016 · Answered September 22, 2018 · Author has 88 answers and 145.9K answer views. For me, John Keats was the most romantic poet. His poems were in layers ,you can feel it anytime, words are soothing and makes every sense. My personal favorite poem is this one. Hope you like it.
Nov 19, 2016 · Answered November 20, 2016 · Author has 347 answers and 1.2M answer views. One can’t be sure about the best but yeah John Keats is one of the best English romantic poets. At a young age 22, he got much fame and appraises for his perception and romanticism in his poems. Here, You can read a few of his love poems.
Nov 09, 2018 · John Keats is the most romantic poet, therefore, he is the most escapist of them all. When he remains fail to face harsh realities of life, he finds pleasure in his imagination, where he creates world of his own. He enjoys company of birds, flowers, landscapes, mountains and rivers in his imagination.
Romantic poetry is the poetry of the Romantic era, an artistic, literary, musical and intellectual movement that originated in Europe towards the end of the 18th century. It involved a reaction against prevailing Enlightenment ideas of the 18th century,  and lasted approximately from 1800 to 1850.
- I Carry Your Heart With Me. Number one on our list of love poems by famous poets is this little love-scribble. A beautiful poem that expresses true love and beautifully signifies how a lover always carries the love of his/her lover in the heart.
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love You. Pablo Neruda is a Nobel laureate, so as far as love poems by famous poets go, he takes the cake. This poem highlights the ‘love-hate’ relationship we so often feel!
- When You Are Old. No list of love poems by famous poets can be complete without W. B. Yeats. Yeats is a Nobel laureate too. A love poem that talks about a forever kind of love.
- A Decade. Love poems by famous poets would include a Pulitzer winner. A very short but beautiful love poem that highlights the fact that true love nourishes the heart and soul.
Mar 03, 2011 · The 10 Greatest Poets: My List. ... the best selling poet in the United States, and according to the BBC ... trees, water, poetry, wine, walking, the passage of time, romantic love, and the human ...