- 1. not in full health; sick: "her daughter is seriously ill" Similar Opposite
- 2. poor in quality: "ill judgment dogs the unsuccessful" Similar Opposite
- 1. badly, wrongly, or imperfectly: "it ill becomes one so beautiful to be gloomy" Similar Opposite
- 2. only with difficulty; hardly: "she could ill afford the cost of new curtains" Similar Opposite
- 1. a problem or misfortune: "a lengthy work on the ills of society" Similar
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
ill: [adjective] immoral, vicious. resulting from, accompanied by, or indicative of an evil or malevolent intention. attributing evil or an objectionable quality.
Define ill. ill synonyms, ill pronunciation, ill translation, English dictionary definition of ill. adj. worse , worst 1. Not healthy; sick: I began to feel ill last ...
ill definition: 1. not feeling well, or suffering from a disease: 2. bad: 3. good; impressive: . Learn more.
Ill definition, of unsound physical or mental health; unwell; sick: She felt ill, so her teacher sent her to the nurse. See more.
124 synonyms of ill from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 342 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Find another word for ill.
People also ask
What does the name ill mean?
What is the difference between sickness and illness?
What does ill. mean?
What does ill starred mean?
- related to: (ill.)
Search Life Insurance Mental Illness, Information from Trusted Internet Sources