Mar 31, 1999 · Directed by Gil Junger. With Heath Ledger, Julia Stiles, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Larisa Oleynik. A pretty, popular teenager can't go out on a date until her ill-tempered older sister does.
- Larisa Oleynik
Larisa Oleynik, Actress: 10 Things I Hate About You. Larisa...
- Julia Stiles
Julia Stiles, Actress: 10 Things I Hate About You. Lovely,...
- Larisa Oleynik
Standout Stories - Our Picks
- wikipedia.org★Many of the scenes were filmed on location at Stadium High School and at a house in the Proctor District of Tacoma, Washington. The prom sequence was shot over three days in Seattle.★Costume designer Kim Tillman designed original dresses for Larisa Oleynik and Julia Stiles as well as the period outfits for Susan May Pratt and David Krumholtz. Gabrielle Union's snakeskin prom dress is a Betsey Johnson design. Heath Ledger and Joseph Gordon-Levitt's vintage tuxes came from Isadora's in Seattle.
Our Featured Articles
- The Independent via Yahoo News1 week ago
The actor, who first made a splash as a strident teen in 10 Things I Hate About You (1999), plays...
- The Independent via Yahoo News1 month ago
If the teen movies of the 1980s were defined by John Hughes, those of the 1990s were best known for...
- Us Weekly via AOL1 day ago
The actress, who got her big break at 12 years old as Debbie Gallagher in Shameless, exclusively...
The screenplay, written by Karen McCullah and Kirsten Smith, is a loose modernization of William Shakespeare's late-16th century comedy The Taming of the Shrew, retold in a late-1990s American high school settinghttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Taming_of_the_Shrew
Cast - Last seen in
- The Independent via Yahoo News1 week ago
10 Things I Hate About You is a 1999 American romantic comedy film directed by Gil Junger and starring Julia Stiles, Heath Ledger, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Larisa Oleynik. The screenplay, written by Karen McCullah Lutz and Kirsten Smith , is a modernization of William Shakespeare 's late-16th-century comedy The Taming of the Shrew , retold in ...
10 Things I Hate About You- 10th Anniversary Edition Bianca Stratford is pretty and popular, but her strict family won't allow her to date until her older sister does: the problem is that sister Kat is an outsider who tries to alienate any guy who might be interested in her.
- Buena Vista Home Video
10 Things I Hate About You is a sweet romantic comedy. But it is also a treatise about how young people navigate, negotiate, and balance all of the social, cultural, and personal expectations that ...
People also ask
What is the movie 10 Things I Hate About you about?
Who is director of 10 things i hate about you?
When was 10 things i hate about you released?
Where was 10 things i hate about you filmed?
10 Things I Hate About You is an American television sitcom broadcast on ABC Family beginning in 2009. Developed by Carter Covington, the show is a half-hour, single camera series based on the 1999 film of the same name.
- Christina Dambrosio
- The film is based on a classic Shakespearean play. "10 Things I Hate About You" is loosely based on Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew." The 1999 film used many of the play's character names and put a modern twist on the plot.
- And many names in the movie are based on Shakespeare and his works. In addition to following the play's plot, "10 Things I Hate About You" added little details to connect it back to the source material.
- The movie helped launch the careers of its young stars. "10 Things I Hate About You" was a launching point for actors Julia Stiles, Heath Ledger, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Gabrielle Union.
- The film premiered just months before "The West Wing" made Allison Janney a household name. Alongside the film's rising stars, Allison Janney played the school principal, Ms. Perky.
- SCREENWRITER KAREN MCCULLAH’S HIGH SCHOOL BOYFRIEND INSPIRED THE TITLE. During a Q&A with the screenwriters, Karen McCullah revealed where the title came from.
- DIRECTOR GIL JUNGER INITIALLY TURNED DOWN THE GIG, AS HE WASN’T INTERESTED IN MAKING A “TYPICAL HIGH SCHOOL MOVIE.” When Gil Junger’s agent gave him the script for a teen version of The Taming of the Shrew, “I said ‘absolutely not,’” Junger admitted in the film’s production notes.
- HEATH LEDGER PLAYED PATRICK WITH A BIT OF AN “EDGE.” YouTube. Patrick Verona was Heath Ledger’s first Hollywood role. “There was initial concern over Heath’s Australian accent, but I said, ‘Why?
- DAVID KRUMHOLTZ ATTRIBUTES THE FILM’S SUCCESS TO THE CAST’S GENUINE CHEMISTRY. David Krumholtz, who plays Michael in the film, wrote a piece for Vulture explaining why he thought the movie worked so well.
The film launched the careers of megastars like Julia Stiles, Heath Ledger, Gabrielle Union, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The plot was inspired by Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew," and it ...
INSIDER via Yahoo News
2 months ago
- Teen movies based on classic literature, rankedThe Independent via Yahoo News1 month ago
- ‘10 Things I Hate About You’ Filmmaker Gil Junger Signs With BuchwaldDeadline via Yahoo News2 months ago
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reacts to ‘10 Things I Hate About You’ Turning 21 (Exclusive)ET Online via AOL5 months ago
- Kate Hudson Was Up for 10 Things I Hate About You But Mom Goldie Hawn 'Didn't Like the Script'People via Yahoo News2 years ago
- Gamechangers in Box Office History: How ‘The Matrix’ and ’10 Things I Hate About You’ Broke the RulesIndiewire via Yahoo News7 months ago
Its lack of vocal finesse coupled with a total commitment to the ridiculousness of unabashed romance perfectly sums up 10 Things I Hate About You. The top-tier teenage romcom remains just as sharp, funny, and joyous as it was in 1999 through a combination of the silly and heartfelt: the aforementioned Frankie Valli homage, Allison Janney’s ...
10 Things I Hate About You - Even Angles Fall Skalar 236 107:23. Sixth Sense (1999) full movie online Extrasure 55387 92:25. Toy Story 2 (1999) full movie online, eng ...
- 97 min