Weather.com brings you the most accurate monthly weather forecast for Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany with average/record and high/low temperatures, precipitation and more.
Average Weather during April in Frankfurt, Germany. The average minimum temperature (usually the minimum temperature is noted during the night) in Frankfurt in April is 3.0°C (37.4°F). The amount of rain in April is normal with an average of 47mm (1.9in). The average maximum temperature lies around 14.0°C (57.2°F).
The weather in Germany features four distinct seasons where summers are hot, winters are cold, and the shoulder seasons of spring and fall have plenty of festivals and often the best weather. Frankfurt is the largest city in the state of Hesse, located in southwestern Germany.
- When Is The Best Time to Visit Germany?
- Germany’s Travel Seasons
- Germany Weather by Month
- Germany Events and Festivals
The best time to visit Germany is from May through September, when the weather is pleasantly warm, with temperatures typically in the low to mid-20s. Especially during the peak of summer, expect thick tourist crowds and accommodation and airfare rates to be at the highest prices of the year. 1. Best Time for Sightseeing: The best time for sightseeing in Germany is when the weather is decent but there aren’t so many tourists that lines are horrifically long, or views are interrupted. That usually means April and May or October, after the big crowds of Oktoberfest events have departed. 2. Best Time to Visit for Good Weather: The best time to visit Germany for good weather is from May through September, but if you’re hoping to avoid the rain, plan on visiting during the drier months of July and September, a time when you’ll see plenty of sunshine and warm temperatures with afternoon highs typically between 20°C and 25°C. 3. Best Time to Visit for Festivals: While the German calendar is...High Season (mid-June through August, Oktoberfest and the Christmas holidays): Summer is peak tourist season, but Oktoberfest in late September and early October, and mid-December through early Jan...Shoulder Season (April through mid-June, the first half of September and mid- to late-October): The shoulder season is a good compromise between the high and low seasons. Spring weather can be unpr...Low Season (November through March, except mid-December through early January):While the calendar may say otherwise, winter in Germany usually begins in November, bringing dark, dreary cold days, f...Germany Weather in January: While the climate in Germany varies somewhat depending on location, January is generally the coldest, darkest month of the year with the average high temperature ranging...Germany Weather in February: February is much like January in Germany though the average high temperature increases a couple degrees and there may be a few more sunny days for taking in the sights....Germany Weather in March: Spring is a great time to visit Germany, although early March is likely to still feel like winter, the later in the month you arrive, the warmer it’s likely to be. The ave...Germany Weather in April: Things are really warming up now with spring officially here, and days are longer for enjoying the sights and attractions too, with about 13 hours on the 1st and nearly 15...
Germany in January
1. New Year’s Day– January 1 is a national holiday in Germany. Many businesses will be closed, and locals often spend the day with family and/or recovering from the celebration the night before. Some start the new year in a different way, with Berlin hosting its New Year’s Run that starts at the iconic Brandenburg Gate and travels for 4 kilometers, passing many of the city’s most famous sights. 2. Bavarian Sledding Championships– For three days over the first weekend in January, visitors can...
Germany in February
1. Semper Opera Ball– In Dresden, this ball held in early February includes live performances and dancing, with an opening act that presents 100 debutantes from across the country. You can join the thousands of guests who don their finest gowns and tuxedos for waltzing under the stars at the open-air ball on the historic square just outside the Opera building. 2. Valentine’s Day– February 14th is a day of romance in Germany, celebrating Valentine’s day with many restaurants across the country...
Germany in March
1. Kurt Weill Music Festival– This festival in Dessau, the birthplace of composer Kurt Weill, known for his “Three Penny Opera” celebrates his music with this festival that runs for over two weeks over the first half of March at the Anhaltisches Theater. 2. St. Patrick’s Day– The Irish national holiday, officially March 17 although festivities may take place over the weekend closest to it, is celebrated in many countries around the world. There will be parties, live concerts, and other events...
Lisse is a town and municipality in the western Netherlands, in the province of South Holland. Your day-by-day itinerary now includes Keukenhof.On the 27th (Mon), admire the natural beauty at Keukenhof, take in nature's colorful creations at The Flower Bulb Region, and then relax in the rural setting at Clara Maria Cheese & Clog Farm.
Traveling from Oberammergau in April, expect nights in Garmisch-Partenkirchen to be about the same, around 4°C, while days are a bit warmer, around 19°C. Wrap up your sightseeing by early afternoon on the 11th (Wed) to allow time for the car ride to Innsbruck.
Average Weather during May in Frankfurt, Germany. The average minimum temperature (usually the minimum temperature is noted during the night) in Frankfurt in May is 7.0°C (44.6°F). The amount of rain in May is normal with an average of 55mm (2.2in). The average maximum temperature lies around 19.0°C (66.2°F).
Frankfurt draws around 40 million visitors a year for conferences, tourism is an emerging sector and 2 days in Frankfurt allows you to take in many of the sites. Main Tower There is no better place to get a great view of Frankfurt’s skyline than the observatory on the 55th floor of the Main Tower , Frankfurt’s highest vantage point.
Detailed 7-Day Forecast; Weather Now ... In this April 24, 2020 file photo, a man with a face mask watches empty chairs with names of bars and restaurants on the Roemerberg square in Frankfurt ...